Pesticide application license.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuniciPAL

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i had an old name on AS (pipou) but lost the email. anyways hello all. im a forestry student and am working for a municipality and trying to get on as a climber.
im just wondering how many arborists on here have pesticide application licenses? and would it benificial for me to obtain this in order to get a job as a municipal climber?

Any license good to have in my opinion, could only help somewhere down the road. As for needing to get on as a muni climber that depends if job requires it. Where I am the city tree climbers don't need it, but the gardeners do. Some muni look at certified arborist as a plus, some just want you to show up. :) Why the muni job right out of school? Nothing wrong with muni job, 40 hour week, steady check, and benefits, but if you really want to practice arboriculture check out a private tree company or your own business is the way to go. If you go the muni route a tip about getting the license would be to get the muni job and then let them pay for education and certificate. They get issued to you and the muni can't take the education away from you. Good luck.

Last edited:
thats a good piece of advice. i think im gonna go ahead and sit through the classes(16 hrs) and hopefully i can get my department to foot the bill for the courses. i thought it may be required because of the dutch elm injections and some of the herbicides that are used.

I had an applicators license from my previous job, but I know that it has helped me advance in the company I work for at a faster rate. I say go for it. The more you know, the more you are potentially worth to your employer. thus harder to justify getting rid of.:)

oooooooo. i like that. "harder to justify getting rid of".
i have the occasional extended break, that could help alot. :)

Back