Pick Up Your Trash

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You wanna talk about trash in the woods? I know where a D-8 sized Terex (the Lime Green type) cat rolled off a landing down into a canyon, and the logging company that owned it didn't want to do the work of pulling it out. So there it sits, growing blackberries. The hooker hiked down and removed all traceable numbers/identification.

Ok, that's the exception. I can't blame them for leaving that trash. Terex should have painted those things Lemon Yellow instead of Lime Green.
I bet it was more cost effective to leave it and keep making the payments, than to try to keep it in repair & working. :laugh:

Andy

I hate people throwing their candy wrappers after they eat specially if they are girls. It just shows that they are a messy people in real life. In other words who wants to marry girls like that if your a man who wants to have a clean and organize life?

I spent years at a university ground department with academic and students. There was 18 of us spending the greater amount of the days time picking up their trash food stuff left where they sat and fed themselves, sigh.:msp_mad:

Never ceased to amaze and annoy me how they could rationalise their actions.

In a forest woodland it must be even more frustrating, a special hell should await these morons.

You bring it in the woods you bring it out of the woods

I was on two different watershed groups (for 15 years a piece) and saw some amazing things on privte lands and state lands

You notice the rubbish only when it's there. If it's taken care of, you can't see anything. It takes just a single crew to make all the crews look like a punch of pigs.

I NEVER and I mean NEVER leave anything like garbage laying around in the woods. If it came in the woods with me, It comes out of the woods with me too. I am always constantly picking up other peoples trash too. It gets depressing after awhile :(

The old days are gone, no more diggin' a hole with the blade on a dozer or skidder and changing the oil in it.......Shame on you guys, and you know who you are!!!LOL

Tom

What? It's just carbon. "And out of the ground thou didst come, so back into(onto) the ground thou shalt go"

:D

There was a time, not so long ago, when "keeping down the dust" was a legitimate "use" for used motor oil. "Controlling the weeds" worked, too.

Back home they actually used it on dirt/gravel roads for dust control. I have been known to use stale gas/mix as a control strategy on poison ivy.

Latest posts

Back