Pics as Promised

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scootermsp

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Files too large, must work on this. (Look at my post tonight, I managed a small intellectual victory by posting them)

Last edited:
What about MACINTOSH?:help:

Just use photobucket, there is an edit function there that will allow you to resize the image. Plus you can copy the code and paste it here without issue.

No need to download a program to your system.

Now for downsizing in photobucket.

On your 'albums' page (where all the pictures are). Go to the picture you want, do not click 'edit' (that brings up a huge program where you can do all kinds of fancy stuff to the picture including downsizing.

Quck way...well, quickest I have found anyhow:

Double click the pic you want. Program will begin to open it and give you another row of buttons above it.

Click "resize" - you don't have to wait for the pic to fully load.

Choose the size you want. "large (640 x 480)" is a good choice for this forum.

You will get a warning box "you are about to resize...."

Click "yes" (be aware that once done, you can't re-enlarge it).

A pause and "picture has been re-sized" (or something like that) will appear. The picture will still not be fully loaded but it doesn't need to be. You are done.

Return to the 'album' page.

To have the picture appear in your post, select the "IMG" code under the picture.

Of course the fastest way to re-size is do it as you are uploading.

In the 'choose files' box there is a 'reduce to ...' line and box below the 'choose files'. Set it to the size you want and that will be what it is when uploaded. You need toreset it for every picture...at least I haven't found any way to make it keep the same setting.

There is a limit of IIRC 3 pictures using the IMG code per post. If you want more than that, you can do the 3 IMGs and then add as manty http codes as you need.

Harry K

Here is ours to date.

Me and my neighbor have decided to combine our efforts. He has an outdoor wood boiler, I have an indoor wood furnace. The wood is "shared" almost in every aspect. We gather it together, cut and split it together, and help each other stack. This is the pile that we have accumulated since May. This photo was taken last week before we scored another 6 truck and trailer loads of wood. This will be his first year with an OWB. He says the first year will be a learning curve, but he is talking about running pex tubing into my house for next year. :clap:

attachment.php

Back