pics of my 60 dollar saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A kid I take to cut wood packs a very similar model. Very good saw for what it is. I tease him that it is well worth whatever his father paid at a yardsale.

We modded the muffler a few weeks back and it really runs nice. The muffler is a two piece unit with a baffle in it. Take care of the baffle and clean up the flow out of the exit port of the muffler. Re-install the spark arrester, tune the carb and go.

Last edited:
Hey, it has "Air-injection"... you never have to clean the air filter on those!

LMAO... :laugh:

Seriously... don't listen to the above BS... Clean your filter regularly. :clap:

Nice buy for 60 bucks!

Gary

Don't worry about the choke lever as long as it works.I have the same thing on my 480CD.........mine's just not as shiney:clap: :clap:

Good Score !! and welcome to the site.

i would like to do the muffler mod, not real sure of myself. tuning the carb kinda worries me.

Just a quick word of advice, you should get as comfortable as possible with tuning the carb. Lots of threads here on the site, and it will go a looong way to not only keeping your saw performing well, but it will minimize your repair costs as well. You should really think about tuning your saw at least seasonally, due to the temperature differences. A tough saw will tolerate a lot of neglect, but damage will add up over time. You can get VERY good at it..... I usually fine-tune mine every time I go out just to make sure I'm treating it well.

After you're comfy tuning the carb, read up here and mod the exhaust, then you'll be able to retune the saw for the "new" muffler. Folks can get pretty elaborate with muffler mods, but they are all very simple in principal. Mine usually involve a little dremeling to widen an opening or a drill to make a few more holes in strategic locations. My usual philosohpy is to copy something someone else did that really worked well for them. Pretty tame approach, but if a saw is going to go blooey, I'd rather not have it be mine!

The 55 is a good machine, and it looks like you got a pretty one. A good 55 for $60 is stealing, so way to go! Hmm... I think you may have a fever..... have you been waking up smelling 2-stroke exhaust? Do your hands tingle?

Last edited:
thanks for all the advice and replies. this site has been very helpful. i guess ive got a slight fever andre, ive always liked the sound of a 2-stroke. spacemule, i think i will keep it since it is my first saw.

thanks for all the advice and replies. this site has been very helpful. i guess ive got a slight fever andre, ive always liked the sound of a 2-stroke. spacemule, i think i will keep it since it is my first saw.

It may be your first..........but likely not your last as long as you keep coming here. Nice pick up, looks like you got a winner.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back