Pictures from Down Under (Aussie pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two baby ring tail plus mum saved today, they were up a palm I was cutting down and I relocated them.

Here's a pic of the bubs and mum
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Had to whack these spikey SOB's today ... cant half tell it's spring around here.

Had to chuff off mum and the kids, found them another home though. Hey, hows this, I picked the nest up and mum kept sitting on it and finally got the message it's time to pack house.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ha

This was on a billboard between Gold Coast and Brisbane ... just love it. :laugh:

attachment.php

Ekka said:
Ha

This was on a billboard between Gold Coast and Brisbane ... just love it. :laugh:

attachment.php

Oh dear I see things down under don't change,just about all draught lagers here in the UK are super cold..

First time I looked at these.

I like the orange flowered tree - and crikey - some of your streets and sidewalks are laid out just like here: little skinny planter strip between street and sidewalk.

In post #14, the outback image looks almost exactly like parts of eastern Oregon or eastern Washington here. Even parts of southern Idaho is a bit like that.

Tumbleweed country. Do you get weeds that tumble in the wind in the desert-like areas?

Ekka said:
Ha

attachment.php

Lol thats Gold mate, nice photo's. Me and my father have quite a few photo's we're about to show off.. We're building the album huge first so we have enough supply to keep the photo's rolling in.

Kikori said:
Prisoners of her magesty?
We Aussies generally have names(Comedic) for all countries/races - and fair enough anyone from England or that plays for England is a Pommy, Pom for short :p

I got this magic pic the other day right up close to a lizard, turned out good.

Lizard

Hi Ekka,
Nice pic that,it's a Bearded Dragon...Pogona Barbata,just thought you mite like to know..There a protected species.
All The Best

I didn't hurt him just teased him a little so he'd show his teeth and smile. I had the camera like 6" away then waved my blue handkercheif ... "click", got him having a say. :clap:

His dentist is doing a great job dont you think?

Nice pics of that galah mate, my Gf says "Awww how cute!" lol. Them lorikeets are VERY local (In my backyard) and they're dam noisy critters I feel tempted every now and again to get my big shot onto em'. ;) Too bad they're protected. :(

Eric or anyone,

I'm in need of pics of lightning damage for a conference in February. I'd really like to see how others assess and mitigate the damage to keep the tree alive where feasible. But any pics of lightning damage would be good. If you want to you can put your ID at the bottom so you retain the copyright and get credit for it.

Darn it, I just took out a Brushbox but only took video.

I know of a few that have been struck and are still around in parks etc ... is that any good?

I know of a Norfolk pine that had it's top struck about 3 months ago. Blew the top off but it's still hanging in the tree and now the top 1/4 is dead but the rest alive. It's on a main road and I drive past a lot. I originally thought the top broke out in wind but now it's obvious it was lightening struck.

It's in some guys front yard, I'll drop in today and have a chat ... hopefully he's friendly!

Eric or anyone,

I'm in need of pics of lightning damage for a conference in February. I'd really like to see how others assess and mitigate the damage to keep the tree alive where feasible. But any pics of lightning damage would be good. If you want to you can put your ID at the bottom so you retain the copyright and get credit for it.

Got a great one guy ill take a pic today.

Latest posts

Back