Pictures from Joker's Get Together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmihalek

Where's the wood at?
Reaction score
I only managed a few pictures before the batteries in my camera died. A few of Lewis' vintage saws and a few of the guys hanging around before we started cutting.

Here's the rest. There's a limit of 5 attachments per post!

more photo's

Despite the bright, sunny, cheery day we had a couple of old guys (Crofter and Gypo) were at each others throats, noted some vicious gaurd dogs watching over saws, and later in the day I think running out of wood, oil and maybe the heat of sun got to John a bit.

Our thanks to Jokers for the hospitality, great day!

Brian

I must say Lewis does do excelling work on his machines. that 5-20 looks just like a new one.

Didn't realize these were here.

Would like to thank those who took the pics. Gusee I'll have to explore this site some more. Haven't paid too mutch attention to the picture section till just now. Thanks again for posting the pics. Saws not looking too bad. Hopefully I'll be able to keep them going, for all to see. Take care. Lewis.

Next GTG.

I'm planning to be there if all goes all right. I'm now working on my chains a bit so that the saws can be better demonstrated. Hopefully will be able to demonstrate more saws this time. I know I, along with others, will get a kick out of it. Take care. Lewis.

Rich oil mix.

Hi rahtreelimbs. I was running Mobil MX2T at 16/1 mix in the 2 saws I ran at the GTG. The Disston calls for 16/1 and the PM Rocket calls for 12/1 mix. It was the first time runnig them to cut wood, so I used the richer mixture in them. I have just started and ran them on 32/1 with out working them and had no problem. The 5-20 Homelite calls for 10/1 mix. and have worked her at 32/1 with no problems along with the 600 D, C-5, C-51 and Zip. I do have a fresh batch of 32/1, 93 octane with fuel stable to run in the saws at the next GTG (Watch out Contra, Ha). I think they'll run just fine on it with no problems. Just wanted to be, I guess, extra carefull with my 2 oldest saws the first time out. Take care. Lewis.

Latest posts

Back