Pictures of bore cutting, lots O pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well look at that would ya!!?! Just look at it!

I guess I took a little liberty in juicing up the story a bit. Hope ya don't mind and thanks for straightening me out. I need that about once an hour, or 15 minutes, whichever comes first.

What are we talking about again? HaHa.

I was actually reminded of that the other day when I had one spit out for the first time in a while. Sometimes ironwood just don't take kindly to wedgin.

There was a post a while ago (at least two or three years) where a person (don't know if he was a faller, but he was at least a feller) got a good smack in the face with a spitting wedge. I believe it tore through his helmet screen and caught him in the mouth. It seems I remember somehting about he felt lucky it wasn't worse.

The green Bailey's wedges will certainly launch. Temp in the high teens/low 20's, a touch of snow on the wedge and a little off in the swing timing; Man those things can be like bullets. I only found them because of the trail they left behind skipping through the snow.

I've resorted to wearing safety glasses behind my helmet screen because I got whacked by something enough that it pushed the screen into my nose, hard. Thought I may have broken my nose. If that screen tears, I want some backup.

When I launched my wedges the other day it was cold, wet, and snowing...must be something there that wedges dislike.

I've resorted to wearing safety glasses behind my helmet screen because I got whacked by something enough that it pushed the screen into my nose, hard. Thought I may have broken my nose. If that screen tears, I want some backup.

When I launched my wedges the other day it was cold, wet, and snowing...must be something there that wedges dislike.

Yep. I know they aren't real happy when you give it a good swing and the tree has already sat back. Seems like they start to get "Fat Head" syndrome.

Come to think of it, some of my wedges have lopsided syndrome, shorty syndrome, broken syndrome, etc. The ones I haven't used yet still look pretty good.

Yea, Im not sure what possesses a guy to pound 2 wedges into a head leaner when all the while he has a strap holding in the back. I guess if you where brain dead for most of your day that would be a way to do it. .

Oh hell yeah, we can be the first 2 certed Firewood Hacks on AS :rock::rock:

I hereby dub thee OH_Varminter the Certified :hmm3grin2orange:

I'm just a plain wood hack .

i loooove my K&H (white with Red Head) wedges, nice and wide with a grippy texture, a little more spendy than your average bear but IMHO worth it

Destroyed my last new one on it's first time out :msp_mad: , 20.00 $$ shot to heck .

I was given some yellow Oregon wedges and those things LAUNCH outta there!

Guess I need to do some research on what to buy.

Launch , yes they can , I got three stitches under the chin a couple of years ago .

After spending lots of time on this site I still cut ugly stumps .... but production is up .

I'm just a plain wood hack .

Destroyed my last new one on it's first time out :msp_mad: , 20.00 $$ shot to heck .

Launch , yes they can , I got three stitches under the chin a couple of years ago .

After spending lots of time on this site I still cut ugly stumps .... but production is up .

Whoa! who the hell charged you 20 clams for a K&H, the local saw shop here has 8" for 6.95

The 12" was 18.95 + tax up here over on the East coast , I guess a few people have their hands in the pie before I get to buy it . Not a lot of demand for large wedges around here so it is what it is if you need one right away .

The 12" was 18.95 + tax up here over on the East coast , I guess a few people have their hands in the pie before I get to buy it . Not a lot of demand for large wedges around here so it is what it is if you need one right away .

Whoa nelly, next time you need some bigun's lemme know, I'm sure I can buy em and flatrate em to you for way cheaper

Thanks for the offer !
I have a guy that I order some stuff from , my new yellow 12" wedges showed up today at 8.00 $ each .
The price I paid was the "I need it now" price but it was for a paying job so I'm not out any extra at the end of the day .

Back