Pine problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Stogner

Reaction score
I have planted about a dozen or so pines on my property a few years ago and now they are about 3-4 feet tall and I am having a problem with them that I have not been able to pin point yet.
The problem is the needles are covered with pinkish looking ridges or lumps. A few of the trees only have a few but the rest are covered and appear to be severly affected by it. The area on the needles that they are on is turning brown and yellow and some needles are even starting to droop and fall.
I have looked all over the net for this problem and have only found a couple things that look similar but not quite the same. I was wondering what it is and also what can I do about it? What can be used to get ride of this pest?

Sounds like a pine scale insect. Pictures would be helpful. If it is a scale insect, there are several systemic insecticides that will control the problem. You may want to contact an arborist in your area.

Latest posts

Back