Problem with Arizona Ash

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 192446

Reaction score
Hi,

Last year I planted 5 Arizona Ash trees, about 10' tall. They are irrigated and mostly growing well. One in particular is having a problem and I'm not sure if it is a blight, pests, or soil?

I live in Northern Arizona at 5000' They are supposed to be a native tree and grow in this zone.

Several leaves are "half" brown, and the number is increasing steadily. We do have a problem with grub worms, and I've ordered some granules to treat for them.

See picture.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20230901_110919.jpg
    20230901_110919.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
I would guess leaf scorch by the looks of it. Limited root system unable to take up adequate water due to environmental conditions.
With four identical trees in the same lot??? Its the only one out of five with this issue. They were planted in Spring of '22 and came in 15 gal pots. I think they have plenty of roots and water.

EDIT: Most of the brown leaves are near the center of the tree also.

With four identical trees in the same lot??? Its the only one out of five with this issue. They were planted in Spring of '22 and came in 15 gal pots. I think they have plenty of roots and water.

EDIT: Most of the brown leaves are near the center of the tree also.
What are these identical trees you speak of? Who is cloning Arizona ash? Are they all planted in the same hole? Based on results, we have an anomaly... 3 are doing well and one is not.

But hey, as long as you have it figured out... personally, when Raintree talks, I listen...

Back