Pine score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zogger

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Got a nice few cords of pine which I'll be stacking and splitting for campfire wood for next year. This is part of the boss's eradicate all big trees around structures project. These come from around his guesthouse. Some I felled, some the bucket truck guys did with a crawler and a big cable with some excavator action thrown in, boss at the controls.

oblig. trophy shot

attachment.php

My beautiful young assistant in her starring role as Wedge Girl

attachment.php

My first coos bay triangle felling cut

attachment.php

Always nerve racking useing a new technique. Looks like an awful deep wedge tho. Good job. I had wondered what you looked like, with your handle and forum speak.

Looks like some nice pine. Must be nice to have a cute helper like that. :msp_smile:

Can't rep you right now.. Getya later..

Always nerve racking useing a new technique. Looks like an awful deep wedge tho. Good job. I had wondered what you looked like, with your handle and forum speak.

Well, I look like a skinny fuzzy old woods hippy guy...decades ago I looked like a less skinny and more beef on the bones fuzzy young woods hippy guy.

Somewhere's along the way I turned into a natural platinum blonde......

;)

Ya, still working on this technique, but it fell exactly where it needed to go easy peasey. Not the prettiest, but better than my near barber chair on that nice big oak leaner. Getting better, just will practice more, only way *to* get better.

Looks like some nice pine. Must be nice to have a cute helper like that. :msp_smile:

Can't rep you right now.. Getya later..
Ya, she's a cutie in RL. Retired sky goddess from back in the days when they had a working pulchritude requirement....

Dang, them wet green pine rounds are some heavy dudes! *Sticky*, too. Great smelling when cutting though. We are tape measuring all these rounds to make some nice uniform stuff, maybe move some of them next year. I thought about using that grappler in the background and loading saw logs and see could I make a few clams at the nearest mill, but seeing as how I found nails and wire so far, decided to buck them into campfire/fire wood instead. I'll let them dry a bit and knock the bark off then split them and stack. There's a BUNCH there not in the pics, barely started on cutting them up. He pushed a lot of them back into the woods, I'll chain them up one at a time and drag them out and buck them up. They are running so far around 40 or so growth rings old. Perfect nice size for that ole 3400 I am toting.

Pine is my go to wood for the woodstove. 80%+ of what I burn is pine. Don't just relegate it to the firepit. Use it at startup to get your room up to temp in short order.

Oh, I burn it myself, along with tulip poplar and soft maple, etc. I am species agnostic, if I have to touch it, it goes into the stack. Heck, I burn willow and sweetgum for that matter...heck, even the privet bushes get so big here I have burned some of that, and I have whacked off the base logs from giant multiflora rose and burned those, too (with some careful handling). I just now have so much of the stuff and am years ahead with my own firewood, I was thinking by the time this pine dries maybe I can find a market for it, and summer time outside burning is a legit market. Along with BBQ smoker wood of various species, etc.

Or maybe I will gift it to people even poorer than me, or I don't know. Either way, wood is good, the more ya got, the better it is, especially after it is processed and stacked. I have all these big pretty logs and they are making outstanding looking rounds, so.....into the stacks.

Got a nice few cords of pine which I'll be stacking and splitting for campfire wood for next year. This is part of the boss's eradicate all big trees around structures project. These come from around his guesthouse. Some I felled, some the bucket truck guys did with a crawler and a big cable with some excavator action thrown in, boss at the controls.

oblig. trophy shot

attachment.php

My beautiful young assistant in her starring role as Wedge Girl

attachment.php

My first coos bay triangle felling cut

attachment.php

Is that a Poulan I spot out yonder ? LOL

Is that a Poulan I spot out yonder ? LOL

Yep, a 3400. The first old mag case poulan I ever fixed and got running. About as perfect a general firewood saw as ever built. It *pulls*...real nice.

Model Profile: 3400

I also have one of these. Weighs about the same as the 3400 with wayyy more cojones to it, just sucks fuel like crazy, so I save it for larger stuff. This saw just rocks...

Model Profile: 245A

^..that's my 50-70 two saw plan. Add in my screamin' lil limber, and it is an american old iron three saw plan..

Model Profile: S25CVA

Yep, a 3400. The first old mag case poulan I ever fixed and got running. About as perfect a general firewood saw as ever built. It *pulls*...real nice.

Model Profile: 3400

I also have one of these. Weighs about the same as the 3400 with wayyy more cojones to it, just sucks fuel like crazy, so I save it for larger stuff. This saw just rocks...

Model Profile: 245A

^..that's my 50-70 two saw plan. Add in my screamin' lil limber, and it is an american old iron three saw plan..

Model Profile: S25CVA

That 3400 looks like it is a pretty decent saw! I bet it chews pretty good too!

Latest posts

Back