• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Pioneer 800 and IEL JA, JB, JC saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CM76

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Another long shot, but I am looking for Pioneer 800 or IEL model JA, JB or JC vintage saws for my collection. I am also chasing any advertising or service literature for these machines. Will pay top $$$$ for these saws.

PM me with any details.

Thanks,

Chris

Wish you all the luck Chris. Tough saws to find. Especially the JA, JB and JC
I've been on the hunt for the IEL models for a long time as well. I have two
of the 800's and they are great vintage saws.

Regards Lee

Wish you all the luck Chris. Tough saws to find. Especially the JA, JB and JC
I've been on the hunt for the IEL models for a long time as well. I have two
of the 800's and they are great vintage saws.

Regards Lee

Thanks Lee. They are indeed tough saws to find - your 800's are beauties for sure. I am hoping that someone may have one, or know of where one might be for sale!

Regards,

Chris.

If i see or hear of any i will let you know. There is a top end
on ebay for these saws but i don't trust the seller as far as
can toss him.

Lee

I actually bought my Pioneer 800 from Kev (123.sawman). He treated me fine. I put up a want ad just like this over on Magnus' site three years ago and didn't draw one peep.

I actually bought my Pioneer 800 from Kev (123.sawman). He treated me fine. I put up a want ad just like this over on Magnus' site three years ago and didn't draw one peep.

That sounds good... Was she a good runner? They are a tough ole bird to find

I was lucky to find my JC relatively close by. A few new parts and it is one my favorites, though it's heavy ass spends plenty of time on the shelf. Like the other Chris, I'd like to find a JA or JB to go with it. The engine didn't change, but the top cover/filter was quite a bit different. Sadly, these heavy saws have some quite weak parts that probably didn't hold up to the power of the motor.

Chris B.

I was lucky to find my JC relatively close by. A few new parts and it is one my favorites, though it's heavy ass spends plenty of time on the shelf. Like the other Chris, I'd like to find a JA or JB to go with it. The engine didn't change, but the top cover/filter was quite a bit different. Sadly, these heavy saws have some quite weak parts that probably didn't hold up to the power of the motor.

Chris B.

It is interesting information regarding the weak parts Chris . Perhaps that is another part of the reason as to their rarity? I would love to know how many of each model were made.

Chris

That sounds good... Was she a good runner? They are a tough ole bird to find

Mine wasn't advertised as a runner but the motor is in great shape (I need to go through the fuel system). As Chris mentions- there's some weak points on these saws and most of them I've seen have some kind of damage to the top cover. There's a handlebar strut that bolts to the top cover and it usually breaks there. The air filter cover is real flimsy too.

Duane Zollo is the guy to talk to about these saws as he's had several and he's got a minty JA and JB I believe. I think there were more of the Pioneer 800's since the JA/JB/JC came out when IEL was on their way out.

I was also thinking of the gas tank/motor attachment points. They seem to turn up broken at the welds, as does the wrap handle attachment point on the fan housing.

Chris B.

Latest posts

Back