Pioneer model?..any ideas ..need a top cover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep..or about to..I like this era of saw..sort of vintage..but when theyre tidied up and tuned, they run real good..just a bit heavy, but its a good work out and manageable for an hour at a time (a bit of fun)..got a good Pioneer 650 and Canadian 175..both tight engines (no rattles) new points and condensers, made up carb seals, both start & run eeaasy, Ide say used only for firewood..should restore to new, a treat.

The saw listed here is quite different to the 650 I have!

Add to these J2051, J2077, Dolmar133 & 144 and just scored a McCulloch6800 (looks like a rebadged Dolmar 120) and a McCulloch45cc with a duff manual oiler...still looking for a Dolmar 166..shake my head...4 months ago I didn't have a saw..used to borrow from carving collegue...this forums bad news man (Quote the wife)..I spent a few years in the bush clear felling native (would you believe, back in the late 70s & early 80s)..thousands of acres..dropped and burned.

I hope god forgives me..cause I feel total remorse & guilt now

Last edited:
I found it...an IEL RA..has good compression and spark so I'll be stripping the carb and fitting a kit to see how it runs before I restore it..chain has better than 50% life, bar is quite good 20" and should restore a treat on the linisher

Back