• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Pioneer P series Fuel Cap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badbackjack

ArboristSite Member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have just picked up a Pioneer Farmsaw in really good condition, but it does not have a fuel cap. I know from searching these are very hard to locate because of alcohol fuel swelling problems. Can anyone suggest an alternative cap that might fit with modifications. Or does someone have one that they would trade for some other NLA saw parts ie. Sachs Dolmar 112 series brake band. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guy, Those are like hens teeth for sure. There was a guy on here a couple of years ago. He took an old fuel tank and cut a vertical trough perpendicular downwards through threads and created a chaser with sharp edges. You can do a couple of these cuts. He then cut the swollen cap down by cw and ccw rotating to get a good fit. I've got several of these but all have good caps for now. So just an idea you can try to make yours work. BTW those are great vintage saws. Good Luck TLG

@badbackjack
This is wrecked back Ken 😂

I run E10 in my bow saw a PP455.

Take a bad swollen cap and cut or grind off all the threads but one. Problem solved.

Poulan/Pioneer are the same from what I've seen.

Check all the saw salvage companies then Ebay if your desperate.

I got nada for parts or a parts connection.

GL

Yes, an outstanding member of this forum from Kamloops B.C. sent me the gas cap free of charge. I must comment that this forum and its members are outstanding in terms or responses to questions and help with obsolete parts. I hope that I can help someone out in the future and pay it forward as I have been helped many times.

Pete you are included in that comment I appreciate your help with my P60 project. I recently picked up a P41 and a 1200A that need a few things and when I have the P60 back together I will be starting on them. Thanks

It is coming back together. I was going to port it but I want to try it stock first as I have not run a P60. I am putting the wrist pin clips back in but can remember how they go. The ear part of the clip to the top so the gap is also at the top? I don't think it will fit any other way? Thanks

On the larger P series fuel caps; the fuel caps from the 11-XX, 12-XX 14-XX, and 32XX all fit. Different PN's on all of them I think likely due to vent construction.

I tried one of each of the above caps on my Farmsaw and they all fit just great!

Latest posts

Back