Pioneer P51 chain brake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mazarol

Reaction score
Hi everybody from north east Italy (Dolomites area) , this is my first post here, i read this forum for years but i decided to sign up only today.
Finally, after years of resarch, i've been able to put my hands on a Pioneer chainsaw. Are very rare stuff here in Italy, only few were imported at the time. I bought a 1980 P51 in very good conditions from an old guy in southern Italy.
I really love this saw, the only mod i'd like to do is to add the chain brake.
I've found a P41 one on ebay but i'm not sure if it fits or not......looking at ipl of both saws i'd say not.
It seems that P61's one is the same, so the Pioneer- Parner and Poulan Pro models should fit.
Am i right? Or the P41 one should fit?
Eventually, somebody of you know where i can find one?
Thank you in advance!!!

Hi are you doing welcome to the site you will find a lot people here that will help you out
First off the P41 chain brake wont fit on the P51 the only parts that fit the P51 are from P50/51/52/60/61/62/65
And Poulan also made some model when they took over Pioneer they are Poulan Pro 525/655 the the clutch cover for those will fit your P51
Hope this helps you out

Attachments

• Pioneer P51.pdf
    97.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Pioneer P60.pdf
    137.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Pioneer P41.pdf
    135.3 KB · Views: 2
  • P61.pdf
    129.7 KB · Views: 0
  • poulanpropp525chainsaw.pdf
    113.8 KB · Views: 1
  • P62.pdf
    583.4 KB · Views: 1
Thank you very much for your helpful answer Chainmaster!!!
So the P41 one don't fit. I've got to look for a P51/52 P61/62 or Poulan Pro 525/655 one.
If somebody of you have one to sell it will be great.

That's correct the P41 saws are a bit smaller parts for those series that fit are P38/39/40/41/42/45/ Poulan pro are 405/455 parts from those saws will fit each other I have many parts no brake parts when I find those parts I like to keep for my self sorry

Find a clutch cover that as the brake build from the bigger series the brake parts from the smaller series will fit the only thing that does not fit is the clutch it self

Find a clutch cover that as the brake build from the bigger series the brake parts from the smaller series will fit the only thing that does not fit is the clutch it self

Hi Chainmaster...was wondering if i could get your phone number. Have a few questions about a pioneer chainsaw

Latest posts

Back