Pistons???????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechanicMatt

Cut Split Stack Burn
Reaction score
So....................every summer my Mustangs grab all my attention, but as summer draws to a end the saws come out to play.

Well Ive got too many piles of parts and have been wondering what to do with them all, so I started thinking....

Have any of you guys ever stuck a 031av domed piston into a Husqvarna 50? Last fall I took a 55c/p top end off a wrecked bottom end and put it on my 50 Rancher (RUNS AWESOME!) IProxy-Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: max-age=0

ave away some of the other goodies to the 55, but I still have the bottom end. Was thinking about stuffing new crank bearings in it, but If I do all that work I don't want to stick a plain jane 50 top end back on it. I had a extra 031 jug and slug laying around. I think if I run the 50 little end bearing with the 031 piston pin it'll fit on the rod. And I can always make a gasket out of a Coors Light can (or multiple gaskets).

Also, besides a Titan 50 McC what other 45mm domed pistons are out there? My 350 Husky runs ok with a 353 but COMPRESSION is where its at. My neighbor has the Machine Shop, but with Dirt Racing season coming to a end He's gonna be swamped with everyone's rebuilds, so having some spare time in there is not likely. Plus with the work done to the heads on the Stang my favors are about burned up.

Anybody else notice that a 55 c/p eats a 350/353's lunch. 185psi vs 160psi. Or maybe I just suck with a grinder, I didn't touch the 55 but kinda massaged (read BUTCHERED) the 350's jug. I dunno, gotta go close Grandma's Pool, be back on here tonight, what do you fellas think? ;)

Latest posts

Back