plastic chainsaw case repair help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Injection molded plastic won't hold up to any kind of repair when all your saw weight transfers from the handle to your hinge. They all do that unless they are the older style.

Mach me if you want but those Stihl cases are a big orange bullseye for theifs too. I tell everyone that asks me about a case... Go to the farm store and pay $25 (not $40-$50) for a black husky power box knock off. Less visual to a thief, fits any saw, and also has room for tools and oil and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just fixed my ole stihl saw case a couple wks ago. I cut off 3" of my 2" wide ratchet strap from the end. Made 3 of them and screwed them on with screws. Works great!

I tried the duck tape route and eventually took John_R1's advice and bought a new case. I really don't use the case very much anyway. Nowadays I keep the tools in a separate tool box and secure the saw in the truck.

One time the case caused more damage than it solved when I left it out in a thunderstorm. Unknowingly, it almost filled up with water when I thought it was protecting the saw and whatever else was in there. After that, I drilled a pair of drain holes in the bottom.

Latest posts

Back