Plate HX

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upsnake

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I finally got the Plate HX all installed for DHW, I didn't have time to put that part in the system last year as I fired the owb up for the first time in Jan.

I just have a little 45 dollars 10 plate hx, it is like 3 by 5 inches.

Wow that thing works amazing. :rock: With one sink running, it took the water from 55 degrees up to 146 degrees.

With two sinks and the tub running the water was up to 121 degrees.

I have the thermostatic mixing valve set to 121 degrees, so in theory I should be able to run the water virtually forever.

It is kind of funny, I was at Home Depot getting some plumbing stuff for the install, and the person working in the plumbing area was pretty adamant that it was not going to heat the water, that the domestic water flow rate would be too high, and that I would have to put a recirc pump in.

I told him I was going to give it a shot and if it doesn’t work I could look a installing a recirc pump. I have read too many peoples experiences with plate hx here on the AS, for me to believe that it wouldn't work, and you guys were right again. :eek:uttahere2:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 203220
View attachment 203221
View attachment 203222

Latest posts

Back