Please Help Chainsaw safety question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoosterBoy

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
hay guys I'm new to using a chainsaw and would like to learn how to properly use it safely.

can someone show me a online video or a good website with pictures and good information to like holding , standing and using the chain saw's safely to prevent kickbacks.

i have been using a big heavy 20 pound pro mac 650 with 20"bar witch is a big saw with no problems for a week now but i need to learn how to be safe at all times with it.

i have cut up allot of fire wood for my home and it's been allot of fun i will be cutting wood from now on as i now only heat with wood

i will be buying a ms460 in 2 months for cutting tree length firewood :greenchainsaw:

thanks
Jason

hi thanks for the post it dose not seem to download can you try uploading it again please

thanks
Jason

RoosterBoy said:
hi thanks for the post it dose not seem to download can you try uploading it again please

thanks
Jason

sorry for the delay, I wanted to try to retreve it from a comp at work as it works from home.

Here it tells me the file is borked.

Ill try fixing it tonite.

One of the things I believe that's just as important as safe use of the saw, is wearing good 'safety' gear. A helmet with flop down protective screen and ear protectors has saved me more than once. Its a must I think. Chaps, good ones are a super investment, I never cut without them as often my feet get caught in the small twigs and underbrush when limbing a downed tree. And I use good quality, flexible leather gloves year round, and even wear the very lightweight stretching medical rubber gloves under them. And footing is very important, with good boots or heavy shoes; I cringe ever time I see the guys in Reebox.

Finally, the very fact that you are concerned about safe use of the saw is a real plus factor. Good luck.

Thanks Buzz, at least Im not crazy.

Can anyone else download it?

Excellent info from the state of maines forestry dept.

I printed a copy to read when Im bored at work and several ppl there have made copies.

Please let me know if this works for you or not.

Thanks, Eric

Rooster Boy, i personally took a tree felling and safety class with Tim Aard from husqvarna chain saws ..HIGHLY reccomended to take. we watched a great safety video with him too.
go to huskys web site and youll be able to order it if youd like. its really informative.
-mike

Latest posts

Back