please help.... What kind of tree is this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creaid

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I need to know what kind of tree this is? I have found a HUGE one that is on the ground. Also, does it burn ok? Thanks in advance.

Beech is great firewood. Burns hot and leaves plenty of coals. If you store it outside you should cover it as it will rot pretty fast if you don't.

Beech for sure.Beech is a great firewood.# I burn a ton of it (actually several tons).You will be pleased.# Beech has one of the highest btu's per cord.

Yep, Beech.

As mentioned, it is excellent fire wood. Dries well with the bark on and splits very easily. I have burned a couple of cords this year and I am really impressed. Lights quickly, burns well with reduced draft, and coals nicely. Not a lot of ash left over either.

Definitely give it some time to dry out, though. The stuff we are burning now, was cut down two Aprils ago. I just let it season in the woods were it fell.

If you were close to me I'd tell you how lousy beech was as firewood and that I'd be willing to take it off your hands just to be a stand up guy.

But since you're not close its great firewood. Why you want to cut it? Looks like a nice tree and lots of good tasting critters like the nuts.

Latest posts

Back