PM Canadien parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba Stump

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anybody know of any PM Canadien/Skil parts outlets? I need some parts for a PM Canadien 275 chainsaw and can't find anything. Ebay is very limited on parts for Canadien saws also. I know that more of these saws were sold up in Canada than down here in the states but I don't know who to contact up there for parts either. Any help would be much appreciated.

There was across over between partner and skil saws?

Try huztl? They have some partner parts. Or eBay?

Yes we have many PM saws over here
A pic of my 270s and 275View attachment 758950
Nice collection. I like a saw left the way it is, unrestored in its appearance. gives it character. I usually put new seals, gaskets, fuel lines and sometimes bearings and piston rings and call it good. Saw might be on the ugly side but if it runs as it should it good for me. I am missing the top cover and clutch cover. Top cover is the two piece kind, air filter cover and top engine shroud.

Not much for them up here either as they were not a major manufacturer of saws the spare parts supply is rather meager. . Only sources I ever found was long closed out dealerships that had some leftover stock of NOS parts.

Yes, the 270 clutch cover fits. Just some of the logo changed over the years. Top cover definitely doesn't fit. I might possibly have a 275 top cover, unsure of condition.

Crank seals and bearings are easy. 6203C3 open bearings (the originals might be shielded, but leave that crap out), CR6541 seals both sides, and I think the flywheel side crank has an outer dust seal CR6523. Piston rings can be had by size from Hastings. Gaskets you will need to make. Pistons and cylinders and clutches you will be SOL. Fuel tank/handle is the same as a 270, crankcase and flywheel is different. Ignition parts are Wico, just look for part numbers on what you take off.

Chris B.

Yes, the 270 clutch cover fits. Just some of the logo changed over the years. Top cover definitely doesn't fit. I might possibly have a 275 top cover, unsure of condition.

Crank seals and bearings are easy. 6203C3 open bearings (the originals might be shielded, but leave that crap out), CR6541 seals both sides, and I think the flywheel side crank has an outer dust seal CR6523. Piston rings can be had by size from Hastings. Gaskets you will need to make. Pistons and cylinders and clutches you will be SOL. Fuel tank/handle is the same as a 270, crankcase and flywheel is different. Ignition parts are Wico, just look for part numbers on what you take off.

Chris B.
If you have a top cover and would be willing to sell it let me know. Anything would be better than nothing.

Chris B.
Thanks for all the bearing and seal #'s. That just saved me a ton of trouble trying to figure out what they are. I never try and run a old saw without changing seals, fuel lines, and sometimes bearings if it looks like there is play in the crank or wear on the piston pin. Gaskets are easy just time consuming having to cut them out. I sometimes just use "ThreeBond 1184". works great on crankcase halves and cylinder jugs. The cylinder is ok and has good compression. I have not taken a compression reading yet but you can pick the powerhead up by the pull start and it very slowly unwinds.

I'll check this weekend. It'll be the one piece cover. Warning, to change the flywheel side seal you will have to pull that case half off. PM and Pioneer both have lips over the seals, can't pull that seal from the outside. Clutch side is easy. My mind is a bit fuzzy on the 275, less so with the 270.

Let's see a picture of your 275.

Chris B.

Latest posts

Back