PNW visitors guide

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedarkerf

Known to some as....
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
With foreigners wanting to come out and visit the PNW thought a visitors guide would be handy. I will include pictures of sites and local terminoligy.

What is the PNW? the Geographical area of far Northern Caleefournia to the Canandian border East to Western Montana including Idaho and Oregon. We have close cousins in British Columbia and Alaska but these areas are big enough to be their own regions.Ill start with some pics from our beautiful spring day.

1) Spring day Known in other parts of the world as winter
attachment.php

2)Cascade Mountains The mountain range thru the middle of the state dividing Eastern and Western Washington
attachment.php

3)Olimpic Mountains the Western coastal mounatains along the Pacific coast.
attachment.php

4)The Mountain known to visitors as Mount Rainier
attachment.php

This is the scenery we brag about. So come on out and enjoy great May weather. More pics and info to come. Ok if it was clear thats what you would see but were still in our cool wet season.

Last edited:
Long bar=chainsaw bars over 40 inches
Normal bar=24-36"
Short bar=Whats that?

Forienger=someone from any where else.

Hot saw=other parts of the world holy crap saw
attachment.php

Gary= other parts of the world Mr peckerhead

attachment.php

Log show
attachment.php

So beautiful and amazing pictures but i don't like those who cut these trees for their sake.It is a beauty of nature so let them alive.

Up date

The weather has improved its too warm to snow down low so we can show everyone the sights of late May.

Rattlesnake lake on a nice 55 degree May 26
attachment.php

Rattlesnake ridge 1500 feet up the hill from the lake.The drop off here is about a thousand feet straight down spectacular view when its not so wet.
attachment.php

An old stump with spring board notches
attachment.php

Wood pecker collecteing a meal for the chirping babies
attachment.php

I liked the log show and all, but I'm really interested in those fat girls strutting in the foreground. I think western fat girls put eastern fat girls to shame.

Latest posts

Back