Pole Pruner choices?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks folks for all the advice!

TreeFrogTC

With that much land get the hayuchi its a lot lighter for sure. If you have a lot of stuff around 8-12feet high have you considered getting a chainsaw on a stick (stihl makes a good one via the combi system) your work will become acres per hr instead of per week with a manual saw..

TreeFrogTC

I have thought about one of the chainsaws on a stick (yum tasty!:laugh:) And I will end up with one at some point.(It's a sickness I tell you...)But I would like to be able to get up a little higher then they reach.....And call me nuts but I get a certain enjoyment out of doing things the hard way sometimes.:hmm3grin2orange:

superjunior

what ever happened to those ropeless pruners?
when I worked for a tree service in seattle some 22 yrs ago, they had a couple pole pruners where the rope was run on the inside of the pole and the cut was made by sliding a handle down the shaft. they were lightweight and made some pretty beefy cuts.
After moving back to the cleveland area and starting my own business here, I haven't been able to find these pruners anywhere. I did however find something real close at home depot. It's the fiskars pruning stick, and I love it! best 80 bucks I've spent on a pole pruner in years. It extends to 12 feet and will cut up to 2 1/2 inch. the rope is ran through the pole and you just pull the handle to make the cut.
They are geared more towards the home owner as opposed to commercial use, but they're lifetime garenteed. I've broke probably 6 of them and just bring the broken one back to hdp and get a brand new one, no questions asked. and they're light as a feather.
Not a bad deal for 80 bucks

Superjunior
I have something like that pruning stick from Fiskars now although mine has a saw attached to the other side....Its been great for everything up to now and will still be great for pruning my fruit trees but I am feeling the need for a little more reach and a better clamping extension design.

Anyway you guys all rock!:rock:

Back