Pole Saw Woes and question for the gurus

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clinchscavalry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a Stihl combi-engine, KM 110, that is used 90% of the time to run a pole saw. Generally, it has run perfectly in the past, but I'm having a problem with it right now that befuddles me somewhat. It sat in the chainsaw compartment of my service truck most of the summer with very little use. We had a very hot summer with triple digits for weeks on end. That might have something to do with the current problem. I took the saw to a logging crew to use for trimming vines, small limbs, etc. from loaded trucks since their own pole saw was temporarily with another crew. It started fine and idled, but as soon as I hit the trigger it bogged and died. Again, it would start and idle great, but would not accelerate. I tried both carb adjustments returning them to factory settings of 3/4 turn out, but it did no good. The air cleaner is OK, and I used fresh fuel. This is the first time it has refused to run at high speed, and of course it had to act up when the loggers really needed it.

Before I take the saw to a shop are there any things I could try first ? All of my saw shops are at least 25 miles away, and I'm sure I'd have to leave it there for a while.

Back