portable bandmill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that link some time ago on other sites...

I'm not too impressed with that design as it doesn't take full advantage of gravity. Also i like being able to take my boards off either side of the mill or AT LEAST the side i'm running it from.

Rob

Interesting design... but I too wonder about the advantages compared to the disadvantage of a standard horizontal mill. I guess I'm not sure I would like the idea that my board is going to fall (seems like it anyway) after I slice it, as opposed to a standard horizontal mill where it stays put till you pull it off. Also seems like a lot more steel and fabricating to hold that band and slide it down the log than a standard horizontal rail type. Of course, not having used or seen one in action, don't know. Just speculating.

That 20 horse motor she has is a tad overkill for such a small mill I think, I have seen other mills that only use 10 and they are about unstoppable.

I too cannot work out how the ejector thing works, it does seem that the ready cut board will fall off of the lumber when its cut.

Back