• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold ported 2014 576XPAT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
Reaction score
ported 576 in really nice shape. runs really strong and smooth. looking for $700 shipped. 576 auto tune behaves the best out of them all! pics tomorrow.

Here are pics of the 576. Very smooth running powerful saw. Won't disappoint! I like it a lot but I use the bigger saws for work so this one just sits a lot. I have a low top cover and filter off a 570 if a buyer would rather have that. Don't matter to me either way. Muffler mod was done by dealer with a 266 deflector.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455130634.565528.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455130665.663897.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455130689.690233.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455130754.858579.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455130780.454730.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455130805.750890.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455130831.980708.jpg

Just realized I forgot a pic of the clutch cover. It is in nice shape. This saw never bounced around in the back of a truck.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455131248.017273.jpg

Love it, who ported it?

I ported this one. I don't cut base or squish so Don't get the compression increase of some. My saws run right with those saws though. With this saw squish was .026 stock so I left it because I was planning to fall with it and wanted a little room for carbon build up from ****** fuels. I at first didn't see the gains I had hoped out of this one first time in. I lowered intake slightly and widened it the width of the factory bevel then rebeveled it. I then blended the lowers into the transfer window at cylinder base and widened exhaust slightly. It could go wider but I don't see any gains maxing it out in most saws. Put it together and it was improved for sure but not what I had hoped. I then read a post by mike lee saying these saws need more blow down so with that info I went back in and raised the exhaust 2 degree's. That was what made it. Such a little thing. This saw actually gained torque raising the exhaust. Bevelling is clean and consistent. I really like this saw and my only reason for selling is I just use 90cc 99% of the time. I have 2 372's for second growth so really don't need this saw sitting around for nothing. If I had 2 of these and 1 372 I'd sell the 372. I like to have 2 of the same on the hill.

Bump! Recently shipped 2 saws. The increase in shipping is rediculous. I will honour this price for now. $700 shipped for an all OEM ported AT saw. For those who have not tried an AT saw here is the biggest husky with it. Runs with a stock 390 with 33" bar. Outruns one with anything shorter.

I ported this one. I don't cut base or squish so Don't get the compression increase of some. My saws run right with those saws though. With this saw squish was .026 stock so I left it because I was planning to fall with it and wanted a little room for carbon build up from ****** fuels. I at first didn't see the gains I had hoped out of this one first time in. I lowered intake slightly and widened it the width of the factory bevel then rebeveled it. I then blended the lowers into the transfer window at cylinder base and widened exhaust slightly. It could go wider but I don't see any gains maxing it out in most saws. Put it together and it was improved for sure but not what I had hoped. I then read a post by mike lee saying these saws need more blow down so with that info I went back in and raised the exhaust 2 degree's. That was what made it. Such a little thing. This saw actually gained torque raising the exhaust. Bevelling is clean and consistent. I really like this saw and my only reason for selling is I just use 90cc 99% of the time. I have 2 372's for second growth so really don't need this saw sitting around for nothing. If I had 2 of these and 1 372 I'd sell the 372. I like to have 2 of the same on the hill.
i sir agree the 576xpat is a better saw than a 372xp i owned both 576 just has more nut however a bit heavier, and with it ported all the better glws

Someone else said these saws will run with the 390s also. Is that speed and torque. A lot of smaller saws will have the speed but when your in a large diameter maple or hickory they start to fall off before getting thru. Just wondering

Someone else said these saws will run with the 390s also. Is that speed and torque. A lot of smaller saws will have the speed but when your in a large diameter maple or hickory they start to fall off before getting thru. Just wondering

lets just say this, the 576 is smoother and a touch lighter. they will run with a 390 all day long BUT if i'm gonna push a saw to produce volumes of timber on the ground i'll take a 390. however, they won't run with a ported 390. the 576 does that too though and i really like the AT in this saw. it behaves much better then the 550/562 AT. fire it up in the morning and it's kinda like a vehicle where it runs rich til it warms up whereas the 550/562 AT is real cold blooded and doesn't feed enough fuel until a bit of idling. may just be the carb too though i suppose. i fell tree's with this saw for 1 month and it was brand spank'n new before that. the engine itself is still like new. machine marks on the piston are clearly visible as they would be on a new saw. the only thing i replaced on this saw was the vented clutch drum. not because it needed it but i hate how sawdust gets in behind there and in between the clutch and drum causing the chain to spin at idle. this saw still has it's original sprocket on it from new.

Maybe someday I will have to try one. I think I will list my 372. Just not fond of it at all. Put the money towards another 385 or 390

Maybe someday I will have to try one. I think I will list my 372. Just not fond of it at all. Put the money towards another 385 or 390

i got this saw to try, it really is a nice saw and many people really like them. so do i but it just makes much more sense to keep things the same for me. i ran a 33" on it and it was really nice. almost no vibration felt by the operator. with a 24" this thing would be insane. i've never ran anything shorter then 33" on it.

Have to pass for now. I am currently working on another 385. Right now I have 4 385s 3 390s and one 372. I might have a problem. Lol

If someone was interested I'd let both these saws go for $900 shipped. Get one good running ported 576 and a parts saw or fix the parts saw to have 2. Just another option.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455425610.796571.jpg

i replaced the bearing and seal on the 570 this AM so it is a good running saw now. would still be willing to negotiate a deal price for the both of them. somebody's gotta want a ported 576. a real good versatile saw and tunes itself for any environment.

Oh I want it bad...real bad:dumb2:
Cash is tighter than a nuns ===t rite now. Why did it have to be listed now?:cry:
You take installments by chance:)?

sorry bud, i'm gonna be away from home for a bit starting next week so gotta be paid for before i leave.

sold the 570 locally today. ran ok but definitely ain't no 576. i think $700 shipped is fair for this saw but i will go $650 shipped to get it sold. if it don't sell by the end of the week i'm pulling it off the trader until i get back from up north.

$600 shipped until saturday morning just to get it sold. if it doesn't sell i will have to put a hold on it til i'm back. very sweet saw for the money. AT has been flawless on it.

are you the original buyer/owner? any estimate on # of hours?

i lost track but it has about 40 days falling on it at about 7 tanks a day. tanks last under 40 minutes with this saw. then i used it for about a week building heli pads. not sure how many tanks burned doing that. it has since been pulled apart, inspected thoroughly, cleaned of all carbon, and ported. bottom end is nice and tight and the top end still has all machine marks on the piston. the engine i would say isn't far off new when looking at the parts. in the pics the exhaust port looks wet. amazes me as it's an AT saw. that's running lucas semi syn 40:1. if i don't get $600 for it i will keep it. this saw would last a firewood guy a lifetime unless of course he was cutting firewood to sell then maybe he might stand a chance at killing it before his time is up lol sure doesn't look like it has that much time on it but that is 100% honest.

Back