• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold ported 390xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 foot. All 3 saws was run back to back with the same bar and chain.
All were tuned around 13800 and a 8 pin on all of them.

Both stihls are over 230 on compression and strong, the little 390 is close to them and is only 195 lb.
It will tune lots higher and so will my 64 but my 066 is built to pull a long chain and 13800 is bout it so I set the rest there. My 64 tuned to 14500 will whip up on them in that size wood.

I believe it! A 064 will be my next saw that I search for. I already have a 066 and that pulls the 36" bar nicely. I just love the av on the huskies so much more.

I got a 32 and a 36, I'll try them tomorrow and post a vid.
It will run them just fine. But if you want it to run a long bar I can change a couple things and make it do that.

I got a 32 and a 36, I'll try them tomorrow and post a vid.
It will run them just fine. But if you want it to run a long bar I can change a couple things and make it do that.
looking forward to seeing the 32/36 video with the ported 390-this is an excellent buy-i am interested.how much porting was done on it?

I always try to run another saw with it so there's something to compare it against.

I have never owned or ran a single husqvarna that would cut with my 064 or my 066 my 394 is close. Maybe your running the wrong stihls.

The 390 is a 200 lb work saw, both of my stihls are over 230lb and not work saws.
Both of them are more cc's and built as strong as I can make one. My 394 is a beast and it won't cut with my 066 no matter what length bar. The 390 could b made stronger but it's a work saw no need to make it stronger.

Just sold.

My buddies 395 will spank both his 066's and mine! 395 is untouched and all 66's just have a gasket delete. Mine is set at .0175" squish with dp muffler. There is a considerable weight difference though between the 395 vs the 066's, with the 395 being heavier. Specs show that they are close but you can definitely feel it.

Stock for stock a 395 will get on a 66 and ported the same it still will but my 066 is not run of the mill and I'm not saying a 395 can't b built to beat it cause they can.
My 394 is very strong and I use it most of the time.

Latest posts

Back