• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Ported Stihl 026 w/ Oversized Carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinkbait

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a solid stihl 026 that has been ported and modified with oversized walbro hd carb. Also has the bigger 038 intake boot. The saw retains factory choke and filter mechanism. Has new adjustable pro oiler. 16" sp bar. Comes with two loops of 3/8" chisel chain, one square ground and the other hand filed round. I did all the work myself and documented everything in this thread http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/stihl-026-project.198861/. The saw has been ran with 93 octane fuel mixed 50:1 with amsoil. If I had to guess I would say the saw has maybe 10-15 ran through it since the build. I have the saw tuned to 15,000 rpm, and is probably too rich, but still cleans up in the cut nicely. Saw will probably need minor adjustments if you live at a different altitude or run a different fuel oil mix. I recommend the use of a tack and a good ear. I would like to trade for an unmolested Husqvarna 272xp. May consider other offers, saws or money.

Here is the latest video with all the mods.

I think this saw is pretty awesome. Something about a ported 026 is intriguing to me. I wish I had some swapping fodder so I could talk you out of this one.

As far as cash value I'm think king around $325-$350, whatever a stock 272xp in decent shape would cost (I'm guessing here). You couldn't buy a 026 and the oversized carb parts and then pay someone to build out for that much. I feel like it's a good deal. It's all in what a person wants. I really have my heart set on a 272xp. I had a nice one once before and let it go like a dummy.

I may nee able to get some nods Mac parts! Would you be interested? Not sure what all they are but they are in my picking hole that I found!

Not really interested in any Mac parts at the moment. I have several boxes of nos Mac stuff that I need to unload on some else myself.

Back