• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Ported Stihl 360

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Ported Stihl 360, done by Wicked Work Saws.

This is the saw that recently lost the wrist pin bearing. It worked out that it didn't do any damage to the cylinder and just slight damage to the top of the piston. The small end of the rod is discolored, but it measures ok and the bore is fine.

The guy that ported it put the saw together. It originally had lost a crank bearing (race broke apart) so I sent it out with a new crank, rod, piston, rings, cylinder, etc. He didn't properly seal the case around the oil tank so it does leak a bit. It's not real bad, but I still wanted to mention it.
The crankcase is sealed fine though (I pressure and vac tested it).

I have about $850 into this saw. The porting work alone was $350.
I'd like to get $525 out of it, I'll cover the shipping to anywhere in the US for that price. (USPS).

I'd like to hang on to it, but I had my nice 361 Arctic stolen and I had to buy a saw to replace it. (was waiting for parts for the 360, my other 036 and my 460 is out for porting).
A few other things have needed money and my raining day fund is pretty thing right now. My folks are coming to visit from Maine in about a month too. It's been 8 years since I've seen them, so I'm planning on showing them a good time... well... with what $$ I have anyhow.

How many hours did you have on this saw since you got it back from porter???

How many hours did you have on this saw since you got it back from porter???

Maybe 2-3 tanks of fuel. I really didn't keep track. Was my spare saw.

I put it into use after my 361 was stolen last month, it lasted a few cuts.

Back