• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ported work Saws, & 1 Stock MS440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did get an answer from Rick. He's a inspector in the oil fields and is out of town 4-6 days a week. He should get back to everyone this weekend for those who are interested. He's been real busy and doesn't have internet all the time.

I sent a PM and got a response? Got the prices for all saws and also was told to leave an email addy, as he is out of town.

So I wouldn't say No PMs have been answered. There were some, the very 1st few that were sent. I didn't post here, I PM'd immediately.

Thanks to all for the updates as I had spoken to a few but they did not get a response like myself.
I appreciate the information
Bill

I sent a PM and got a response? Got the prices for all saws and also was told to leave an email addy, as he is out of town.

So I wouldn't say No PMs have been answered. There were some, the very 1st few that were sent. I didn't post here, I PM'd immediately.

pictures of bikini clad babes on some foreign beach that you never heard of....

I know right, Be patient guys, Im working on the details,, I just got out of a training course on my day Job and will be traveling home to Orange county timber country in the wee hrs of the Morning,, Will post pic s and a price list for what is left tomorrow Pretty sure the MS 440 one of the 066's, and 9010 are spoken for. sorry for the long delay I am working a major Shut down (plant pipeline pump/metering station Tie-in outage) and Have been tied up in electric motor repair shops and pump repair shops in 3 digit heat for 10-12hrs a day the last 4 days it was nice to sit in a class room for 4 hrs tofday

Last edited:
More Pics

365 W Simonized 372 Topend Note* Look at the stickers on the tank bottom they are all still there,,,, less than 20 tanks of fuel through this unit, also found a much cleaner HD filter cover for the 372XP HD air Filter set up,,,
And a couple of 9010

Is everything sold already

No worries, nothing sold yet, I am 185 Miles from home, will travel there Early AM, will finish posting pics tomorrow,,,

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me but ads with no prices don't even get my response. Why not just put the prices up are they like area 51 top secret ported prices?

The flip side of that is, if he posts prices, there'll be 37 experts here telling him he wants too much for his saws.:dizzy:

I was one that got pricing ob most saws. But I agree with above. Public auction or putting prices out there would have likely sold them already.

I have received a 361, 036 Pro, and 044 in the last week (all from here) and I still am interested in one of your saws.

There are some here that I have dealt with personally and know they are serious about buying...

I was one that got pricing ob most saws. But I agree with above. Public auction or putting prices out there would have likely sold them already.

I have received a 361, 036 Pro, and 044 in the last week (all from here) and I still am interested in one of your saws.

There are some here that I have dealt with personally and know they are serious about buying...

Feel like sharing those prices with me?

More pix

Just a couple more, for now will post 394XP;s and 066's next.

The price for the Simonized 372XP $725.00 + Actual shipping (details below)
E Copsey 7900 $675.00 + Ditto
W Parris MS460 $625.00 + Actual Shipping
RR2'ed 066's $550 and 600 + shipping

The 7900 Dolmar belonged to My Nephew Daniel in Breaux Bridge, LA Another Tree Freak!!! it was approximately 1 month old and the fuel tank got run over (crushed) by the Loader/grapple.... tsk tsk,, well he didn't want to mess with it So Uncle brought it home and bought most all the parts from Cuttin Scott and Kyle over @ Edge and Engine, new fuel tank/cap/carb mounting box/throttle cable/intake boot/top plastic, top handle/ Carb air filter mount boot & Added the HD Air filter set up when Eric ported it

(MS460 With New Meteor 064 pop up piston and port work by Will Parris of Victoria Vancouver Island BC/CA This as new saw finished 6th @ Tlandrums 460 build off, then after the competition over it was re tuned (1/4 turn in on the H) and beat my 3rd place saw's time by 2+ seconds It has been drained of fuel and oil and has not been run in the last year. Very clean saw

Simonized 365/372 another Low hr. usage saw originally bought new online by me in 05 w20"b/C for a bit over 530.00 + shipping.. I used it to clean up 4 downed trees, oaks/sweet gums, mostly bucking and limbing in my little brothers yard, and two good size pine in my yard and some downed oak and maple limbs/tops (probably 5-10 tanks) as a 365... then it sat run dry for approx. 5 years in Climactic controlled storage, Yeah in the mean time I started tinkering with Bigger Stihl's through my Nephews stump grinding service 066's and 460's,, and on a parts search I found this CAD Site!!!! and learned that you could put a 372XP top end on a 365 and have a 71CC saw, later I Ran a cross a NOS/NIB OEM 372XP P/C and I bought it for a smidge under 200.00 for when ever the 65CC top got tired, LOL that never happened and it sat some more.. then When T.Landrum announced 372XP build off I approached Simon to see if he was interested in building a saw for the build off and he agreed to donate his porting time if I covered Shipping and the cost of an OEM Non limited coil and a special piston that he orders from Husky,,, JJ sold me the new Hi top HD air filter set up too... When it got back from its trip to BC Canada I had time to put another 10-12 tanks through it on some fire wood and flush cutting some small oak stumps for nephew before the build off showdown... it finished 4th out of twenty three or 4 saws and was slobbering fat with a sea level tune... I fire it up occasionally to buck up a few round just to keep the carb from gumming up. I have not touched the LH settings they are still like it was at sea level when it left Simons in Vancouver Island/ Campbell River BC/CA

Stihl 066's one is a flat top red-light (Light is broken)Pre EPA Non De-comp work horse Metal Flywheel, It hAS FRESH oem seals, bearings, C-case gasket, fresh Meteor piston/rings new 3/4 wrap handle bar, West coast Dogs/ clutch cover big chip flap worked the lower transfers a bit widened the exhaust w/squish reduction. you better have your big boy pants on to start it on a cool morning.. The
paint on the recoil starter is beat off from riding in a toolbox in back of my truck
The other is a round top later model with poly flywheel, very similar porting numbers a flushcut tophandle, dual port factory muffler cover and small clutch cover, this one wears a 36" well...

What I find amazing in the almost 7 years of putzing around here combined with my longstanding love of racing outboard drag boats with my buddies I actually have acquired some more good porting tools (already had some from my kart racing days) and have relearned/honed up a decent set of machinist skills to be able port my own stuff as evidenced in the 460 build off...

Last edited:
Still waiting for prices and info of the 066 and 394xp.

The 394 will be $725.00 not a penny less it has all new bearings, seals,OEM piston, Caber rings squish band cut, new OEM clutch cover, top plastic, muffler. oils a tonne a solid saw, not real pretty but is all business

Last edited:
The 394 will be $725.00 not a penny less it has all new bearings, seals, meteor piston, Caber rings squish band cut, new OEM clutch cover, top plastic, muffler. oils a tonne a solid saw, not real pretty but is all business

Is it a high top air cleaner? What's the compression? What brand of seals and bearings and also is it an OEM cylinder? Any pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back