Porting?Washington

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Jack Beelar is in Washington..... Maybe Oregon, can't remember exactly. Hotsaws101. Check him on YouTube, I think his email is in the description.

Jack is a logger and works on saws. He lives in Pacific Northwest. I have not had any work done by him but as mentioned previously, he has a YouTube channel that will give you an idea of who he is. Also, Rich Dougan is in my neck of the woods only about a half hour south of me in Oregon and I can vouch for his work. He is adamant about using only OEM parts. If you want to use aftermarket parts I would highly recommend calling him first.

Jack seems like a good guy but he definitely picks and chooses who he wants to work with as I have found out for myself

I think Jack Beelar is in Washington..... Maybe Oregon, can't remember exactly. Hotsaws101. Check him on YouTube, I think his email is in the description.
Pretty sure he is in Northern California, on the coast, somewhere around Humboldt County.

I have a degree wheel, pneumatic pencil die grinder, digital calipers etc, and I do all my own work.
I got started by watching buckin Billy Ray, Tin Man, Iron Horse, Walker.
I wouldn't say it's difficult but you definitely need an eye for detail. Remember folks you're working with thousands of an inch.

I work at the biggest employer in Washington State and I have to work with tolerances like this daily at my job.
I just love building chainsaws.

Daniel Urich (Supermodify) is a few miles from Centralia, Wa. has 7 levels of modification, I go with level 5 for power and longevity. Outstanding performance!! He is a timberfaller as well so he stays busy. Ken Dickinson is in Ferndale, he has been porting saws for decades, builds a mean saw, Gordy at WCS is another. The PNW has plenty of outstanding builders, none that I know of are on chainsaw forums.

Oh that’s funny,I just saw that this morning & didn’t pay attention to the date. ‍oh well still some good builders no matter what the year. I feel like Fred Sanford should be calling me ya big dummy!

Back