possible bearing problem on my Rayco 1635... AGAIN. pic included.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I meant 252 mine has a 1,480CC 28 HP Air Cooled Diesel with 65 Ft Lbs. of Torque.

With the ambient temperature being that cold the bearing housing could have been very brittle. If it was early in the grind prior to the bearing warming up through friction the temperature could have something to do with it. Just another observation hope it helps.

i didnt know 252s had a diesel option ? learn something new every day.

i honestly cant remember how long i was grinding before she cracked, but i do think it was quite early. i ground stumps until dark the night before and went back at it very early the next day. it may have been even colder than 30 degrees out, it was around November 20-22nd, and i live in the frozen tundra of Minnesota.

Diesel is only and option on the 252 if you convert it yourself. I also have a 252 with a 35 HP Briggs, again not and Option at Vermeer.
Like water cast iron can be brittle when its frozen. I can appreciate your weather, I used to do factory service schools for the dealers back in that neck of the woods. The only time we could get there attention was in the Winter months when it was not busy. Dam cold for a Southern California boy.

Latest posts

Back