Post your 2 series Husky thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad

Collector of shiny things.
In my own bed every night. Kansas City Northland
Running what size bars? In what kind of wood?

I have ran a 6400 with a 28" bar on it in hardwood and no way a 268XP hangs with that.

Don't get me wrong, the 268 is a fine saw, but it like some others have been put on a pedestal around here for sometime and it just don't live up to the hype for me. Its not as overrated around here though as say a MS460 is. :laugh:
Gotta agree with you on the 460. I bought one based on what I read on this board and ran it once before trading it off. What a slug.

Landmark

Landmark

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Gotta agree with you on the 460. I bought one based on what I read on this board and ran it once before trading it off. What a slug.
Was it open or closed port? I have a 268xp I will sell soon and it is very strong. It surprised me when I cut with it. If you guys arent impressed or if your 268s are slugs they were probably open port. But if you ever ran a closed port 268 you would see its a totally different saw.

weedkilla

weedkilla

Ain't no guru of nuthin'
Can confirm that open port 268 isn't an inspiring saw.
However - dad bought it to replace a knackered Mac 250 super and he has a soft spot for it. Damn thing has never missed a beat and still has 165psi of compression. Pulls well enough with a 20" bar, but that's all. (Aussie hardwood, yada, yada).
I'd call it about even for torque with a stock 562.

OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad

Collector of shiny things.
In my own bed every night. Kansas City Northland
Was it open or closed port? I have a 268xp I will sell soon and it is very strong. It surprised me when I cut with it. If you guys arent impressed or if your 268s are slugs they were probably open port. But if you ever ran a closed port 268 you would see its a totally different saw.
I couldn't tell you, this was a mint MS460 that I scored at a pawn shop. It didn't impress me cutting beside my 562 so I traded it to DexterDay (Kennis) who then traded it to Mastermind, who then turned it into an angry monster.

Modifiedmark

You seen the picture of my saw, a XP closed port. I know a thing or two about them.

All I was saying was the 268XP has been talked up on this site for years about being so great.

Well I have a nice one and its ok, just don't impress me that much after all the hoopla about them. If only running 20" bars I'd rather run my 262. I just don't think the 268XP is all that with 24" bars in hardwood, thats all. I have worked the saw as well, real world stuff, not just cutting cookies in the back yard.

I have other saws in close to the 268's displacement that will run a 24 or longer just as good or better, thats all. P1000399 (Custom).JPG

Landmark

Landmark

Chainsaw Enthusiast
You seen the picture of my saw, a XP closed port. I know a thing or two about them.

All I was saying was the 268XP has been talked up on this site for years about being so great.

Well I have a nice one and its ok, just don't impress me that much after all the hoopla about them. If only running 20" bars I'd rather run my 262. I just don't think the 268XP is all that with 24" bars in hardwood, thats all. I have worked the saw as well, real world stuff, not just cutting cookies in the back yard.

I have other saws in close to the 268's displacement that will run a 24 or longer just as good or better, thats all. View attachment 422520
No disagreement here. Who wouldnt grab their 262 over a 268 any day.