Post your best saw scores under $100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My best deal has to be my 046 that needed a carb cleaning
$70:rock:
attachment.php

I have not counted recently, but suspect I have in the neighborhood of 80 saws. The only ones that cost more than $100 were those I bought new. These include a Poulan 3400 ($153 through a buddy at the Army PX), Poulan Pro 236, Homelite 540, Husqvarna 440 and 460. Many were free, virtually all the others were less than $50 including this Stihl:

Stihl026013.jpg

I often tend to buy in groups and this seems to produce even better results.

Stihl 017 free...needed a new clutch and housing.
Pictures9-2-10010.jpg

Freebie Eager Beaver 3.7-needs an oiler gasket
Pictures9-2-10016.jpg

Freebie-Woodshark....needed a home
Picture034.jpg

Saw was $40 at a local auction and came with a 20" hardnose and crappy chain. Added the bar and chain you see here and it still falls short of $100. All I ever did for the saw was rebuild the carby.

Chris B.

attachment.php

That one took my breath away when you first posted it...

"McCulloch Super 250" $75, needed nothing doing

RHMedium-15.jpg

I think you (and Chris) need my shipping address. Great scores lads!:cheers:

That one took my breath away when you first posted it...

I know what you mean. I still can't believe I ended up with it and that was back when I didn't quite realize what I had on my hands. The Rollotronic bar is just the icing on the cake.

This is probably the picture I originally posted.

Chris B.

attachment.php

Ugly Bastard II (the many colors of the Dolkita rainbow)

saw was $75 but I had to pay shipping and grease the palm of the guy selling it cause he had to box it up and ship it.... $110 to my door. Needs a few odds and ends but runs GREAT!!!
attachment.php

attachment.php

nothing like a blue saw, grey and black plastic, red clutch cover and orange bar....

saw was $75 but I had to pay shipping and grease the palm of the guy selling it cause he had to box it up and ship it.... $110 to my door. Needs a few odds and ends but runs GREAT!!!
attachment.php

attachment.php

nothing like a blue saw, grey and black plastic, red clutch cover and orange bar....

:Eye: /\ :Eye: = :love1:

attachment.php

attachment.php

For that price I wouldn't give a stuff what color it is, you did well ;)

All I've been able to find is this 015L. But free is kind of cool and seems to be running after some carb adjustments.

attachment.php

Lemme change my vote: I have a nice Jred 670 Champ with a USA full-wrap that cost me $100 which was gonna donate parts to a 272 project but has since taken on a life of its own. Damn. Now I gotta buy all those parts again. Oh well.

Sears Branded Echo CS 302 for ??

Picked up this Sears branded Echo 302 for a undisclosed amount, not going to say in case I decide to resale. Lets say that I could use it dig holes in the yard and not lose a thing. Just picked up a air filter cover and fuel cap off "the bay".
Saw has good compression and fire, but not picking up fuel.

Thanks to fellow AS member Bob Wright for the info on this being a Echo 302. I did not even know Echo built saws for sears.

3 for $100

I got an Echo 650evl, a Tananka ecs650 and a lil Homelite 150, all in good shape, 'not running', for $100. Got them all working in about half an hour! The worst was that the Tanaka had a rotten fuel line. Easy fix! That's a great saw btw!
Got a [not!]J-red 361 for $20, needed the rope rewound. That's also a great lil saw! J

Back