poulan 2300 adjustments

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawboy

Reaction score
Im fixin up a poulan 2300 and it wouldn't start, so i sprayed some starter fluid into the carb, and it started fine. it shuts down after about five to eight seconds of idleing, but usually starts right back up unless i let is sit for a while. as long as i keep it reved up it runs fine. i think its running lean, but i cant find anything to tell me which screw on the carb adjusts what. does anyone know where i can look this up? on a side note, i had to replace the fuel line and it now has bubbles in the fuel line, would this be creating a problem and how can i get them all out?

Look on the carb, on the side where the two side by side adj screws are, and you will see L and H marked on the carb body, next too the adj screws. (L for low speed and H for high speed)
If it runs fine but wont idle, try backing out the L screw, about a 1/4 turn.

If you have messed with the carb adjs, and think you got them both out, turn the adj screws all the way in to a Lightly seated position , and back them out, 1 turn onthe H or high, and 1 1/4 on the L or low speed adj.
That should get you back to close factory settings.

But if the saw ran fine before you changed the fuel line I would go back and check that first.
Shadetree

he said it quit running a few months ago so he just let it sit in his shed with gas in the line and when i got it the gas line was cracked and broken, but i didn't mess with the screws any. thanks for the help, i hope it fixes it

The flap valves in the carb may be stuck, or what has also happened to me numerous times is that the little screen in the carb is plugged up with gunk from sitting too long. How long was it sitting before he had a problem with it would be a good questions too. I would take the carb apart and clean it out and check the fuel filter in the tank. If the fuel line cracked, it is probably older so it might need a new fuel filter as well. I had a similar situation with my Poulan 3300. It ran fine last year...This spring I pulled it out and it would only idle for a few seconds then die. After cleaning the carb it, same issue. I replaced the diaphragm and valve membranes with a Walbro kit and the thing runs better then it ever has. The old diaphragm and valves were probably the original ones. :greenchainsaw:

Back