• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Poulan 245a coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope need the coil. Found this saw with no coil. The rest of it looks great should be a good running saw if I can get spark.
Under that recoil it will either be points or no points. The coils are not interchangeable between the two.

If it's a points saw, you can replace the points with an Oregon solid state module. Gap 0.008" (which is 2x the thickness of 20# copy paper). Otherwise, you may need to remove the recoil to get to the points if you need to do any work there.

If it's a points saw, you can replace the points with an Oregon solid state module. Gap 0.008" (which is 2x the thickness of 20# copy paper). Otherwise, you may need to remove the recoil to get to the points if you need to do any work there.

It has a solid state ignition on this one. I've done some reading on those module's for other saws and I've seen mixed reviews on them. So if I've needed I've always tried to keep stuff OEM if possible.

Well the sticker on the flywheel cover says solid state ignition.
This is good. Very rare for them to go bad. Let me look this evening when I get home or possibly tomorrow to see if I have one available if you are still needing it. Personally I have had no good luck with aftermarket.

This is good. Very rare for them to go bad. Let me look this evening when I get home or possibly tomorrow to see if I have one available if you are still needing it.
This one I dont think went bad a previous owner robbed it is all I'm sure. It just didn't have one when I ended up with the saw.

I have a parts saw if still needed let me know and I'll check out the one I have

If MS460Woodchuck or Jschulte don’t find one, I have a very good tested/used Poulan 530039089 coil for the electronic 245.

PM me if you’re still on the hunt for one, $40 shipped.

Back