• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Poulan 4000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjdlc

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Picked up this saw at an estate sale a few weeks ago, very clean for its age, doesn't really appear to have had a lot of use. Guy told me he had tried to start it, but it wouldn't run. Took it home and pulled the top, the fuel lines were almost completely gone. Replaced the lines and gave it a couple cranks and it fired up, a few minutes tuning and it was running great. Blows 150#+ on compression test. Oiling, both manual and auto work well.

It has a 20" Windsor bar in decent shape with a Carlton chain that I don't think had cut wood till I got it. The chain does have a little surface rust in places. I can get some more pics when I have time, and maybe a video of it running if requested. Asking $200 + shipping.

IMG_5939.JPG IMG_5941.JPG IMG_5942.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5938.JPG
    IMG_5938.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5940.JPG
    IMG_5940.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 48
I wouldn't mind seeing a video of it running when you get time.

Had to run home for a few, so I went ahead and took some quick video, also got a pic of the compression test. Site is telling me my videos are too large, so I'm trying to upload to youtube and embed from there, so bear with me if this doesn't work.

IMG_5934.JPG

If you want to see it cut, I'll have to see if I can get my wife to hold the phone for me this evening.

I have someone local that is supposed to be buying the saw tomorrow. If something happens, I'll get back with you.

As far as PM goes, click on the user name under the Avatar, and then click start a conversation on the window that pops up.

Back