.poulan 52 and power unit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LynchWood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My grandfather started loggin in 1925 and struggled through the depression with crosscut saws and oxen,ordered a td6 crawler in 1941 but without a winch because uncle Sam might need it then pearl harbor got bombed and no parts were available to repair td6 so grandfather went back to oxen draging or rolling out veneer blocks my uncle and father were drafted,both went to ETO until germany surrendered.Grandfather tried the disstonchainsaw/mercury motor,he bought two trying to get a half a day out of each one,when they would run it was the thing to have but too much time wasted on trying to keep them running,so he got the crosscut saws out of the barn and kept on loggin,pile the disstonsaws/mecury motors and parts in two cotton sheets and sold to another logger.In 1952 according to my father,he and his father left Bethune,SC early on a saturday morning and drove to Walterboro to a shop run by a Mr.Reed and bought two poulan 52 with 2 bow blades and 2 straight blades and chains and parts,Daddy thinks total cost was a few dollars shy of a thousand.These were goodsaws as I'm told and I have to this day the 2 poulan 52 bow blades(2 man saw) and some straight blades and chains I bought them from my uncle several years ago and also two mcllough 2 man chain saws,these are pretty much complete,I'm looking for and if I can afford I would like to buy at least one poulan 52 power unit I think my uncle may have sold the ones he had for scrap because as I'm told they were aluminun,my stopped loggin for himself in 1968.Any info on the poulan 52 and the mcollough wold be much appreciated,I also have my uncle's homelight super wiz 66 with a straight blade and bow I still use this saw it sounds better than any harley. thanks William

Poulan 52" saw

I have 1 poulan 52" two man bow saw, and 1 52" two man straight blade saw. I am interested in selling these. I am located in the upstate of South Carolina.

Latest posts

Back