POULAN 655 bp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think that all of the 655s would have them. You could take off the muffler and check that way. I have a cylinder kit for the 525 and the boost port is right across from the muffler port. It should be visible when the piston is at the bottom of its stroke.

Thanks Pioneerman, My buddy has thought for the past 10 years that his saw was a P52, but today I noticed that it had soome mismatched parts on it, so I flipped it over and the tag on the bottom says 655. That got me thinking, so when I got home I checked under my P60, and turns out its a
P61f. I don't know what, if any difference there is between the 60 and the
61f. THANKS AGAIN!

P61 F?

Thanks ray. I was having technical difficulties, and could not get on the Acres site. Still not sure what the F stands for. Mine does'nt have a chain brake, buy that could be because it has a P60 clutch cover.

The F stands for a full wrap handle or western type handle. Out east most of our Pioneers came with the half-wrap handle, so our saws would have the letter H after the model. If it has the safey brake then an S is added. A P61SF would have a full wrap handle and the safety brake. The P60 and P61 are pretty much identical saws. Most part numbers are the same. Same displacement. The P61 is a newer saw. The P series of saws started with the P40, 50, 60's in the early seventies. The next series were the P41,51,61's which I think were introduced around 1978. Following this came the P42,52, 62,65's and finally the Poulan pro models 405, 455, 525, 655. In between they also had the Farmsaws, FarmsawII's, P38, P39 and Farmlites. The P61's that had the safety brake also had a diecast chaincase cover that covered the muffler. The P50, 51, 52, 525, P60, 61, 62, 65, 655 are large frame saws and parts will interchange between these models. The P40, 41, 42, 405, Farmsaws, P38, P39, 455 and Farmlite are medium frame saws. Parts will usually interchange between these models, but not the large frame models.

Pioneerman's Wisdom Is Priceless!!!!

Thanks for all the great info! I dont know how I ever got by without this site. That was good news, because I have a few P50 parts I can use on my P61. LATER!

Just ask on here and I can cross reference the parts for you just to be sure. I have a set of shop and parts manuals that I purchased from a retired dealer a few years ago.

Latest posts

Back