Poulan pro 220 carb/problems......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl 440

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My poulan pro 220 has been giving me a fit lately......It hasn't wanted to idle or even run right for a couple months now. I was about ready to throw it across the garage today. It always acted like it had an air leak somewhere. So today I took off the carb, checked the gasket for leaks. Somehow in the process of putting it back together I busted the plastic intake manifold/carb adapter plate. I didn't know it at first.....I started it up and it didn't run right at all. So I tore back into it and discovered that I busted the intake manifold....cause' I tightened the nuts too tight. I am ordering the intake manifold and new intake and carb gaskets from poulan. But my questions are......which carb for this saw is the adjustable one? It has a Walbro WT-625 on it now. I want the adjustable carb for this saw. On poulan's site they have Walbro WT-625, Walbro WT-662, WT-391, Zama W-20. Which one?:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Pp220

Thanks guys! Looks like I will be putting a WT391 on it, plus the intake manifold and gaskets. It's gonna cost me a cool, 50 dollar bill to fix it. Almost enough of an excuse to buy a j-red 2036. I modded my buddy's 2036 for him and it REALLY perked up. It is lighter than my poulan, better air filter and air injection, better anti-vibe as well. And it pulled a 16" bar about as good as my poulan. I use my poulan for a brush saw mainly, I don't use it a lot, but enough that I need a small saw. Maybe it will be a good porting canidate?lol:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

all pro chain

Although the PP220 is supplied with a 16" bar & chain, the useable bar in front of the saw is only 15". Have you run any of the non safety chain on your PP220?

All I have run on it, is the pro 91 series chain.:greenchainsaw:

My poulan pro 220 has been giving me a fit lately......It hasn't wanted to idle or even run right for a couple months now. I was about ready to throw it across the garage today. It always acted like it had an air leak somewhere. So today I took off the carb, checked the gasket for leaks. Somehow in the process of putting it back together I busted the plastic intake manifold/carb adapter plate. I didn't know it at first.....I started it up and it didn't run right at all. So I tore back into it and discovered that I busted the intake manifold....cause' I tightened the nuts too tight. I am ordering the intake manifold and new intake and carb gaskets from poulan. But my questions are......which carb for this saw is the adjustable one? It has a Walbro WT-625 on it now. I want the adjustable carb for this saw. On poulan's site they have Walbro WT-625, Walbro WT-662, WT-391, Zama W-20. Which one?:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

i had everything you needed in stock besides you did not order from Poulan themselves probily ordered from Ordertree which is the distributor they did not give you a 5 % discount either did they ?

thats right AS members if they only knew get a 5 % discount from when they order from me

thats for any parts Briggs tecumseh mtd murray poulan homelite sears craftsman etc

Last edited:
ummmmmm

Muffler mod it and call it good, that should perk it up a good deal. The stock mufflers are pretty restrictive on those saws.

Uuuuuummmmmmm.....ahem......see signature.......it is modded. Anything that says DP is modded. The 660 is the only stock saw right now...but not for long. The 220, (when it was running right) is smoking stock stihl 250's.lol :greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Latest posts

Back