Poulan Pro 295 muffler stuck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TubaLibre

Reaction score
Total newb here, overwhelmed by this vast and informative forum!
I have a Poulan Pro 295, built in 2001. Serial number ends with -4, so I thought it was a Type 4, but my muffler doesn't match the manual. The muffler is held on by two long screws with 5/16" hex heads, with no other visible fasteners. The screws come out easily, but then nothing will come off. I looks like maybe the shell should come apart but it is stuck hard. I don't want to wreck it because it looks like it might be hard to replace the parts. Is there a trick for getting these apart? Many thanks!

Total newb here, overwhelmed by this vast and informative forum!
I have a Poulan Pro 295, built in 2001. Serial number ends with -4, so I thought it was a Type 4, but my muffler doesn't match the manual. The muffler is held on by two long screws with 5/16" hex heads, with no other visible fasteners. The screws come out easily, but then nothing will come off. I looks like maybe the shell should come apart but it is stuck hard. I don't want to wreck it because it looks like it might be hard to replace the parts. Is there a trick for getting these apart? Many thanks!
Not well versed in you particular model, but I bet a sharp tap with the handle of a screwdriver might break the bond. They sometimes get " glued " on !

Thanks very much! I have tapped to no avail. Currently letting some penetrating oil soak in.

There is a third screw holding the back half of the muffler to the engine .
You are correct in soaking the muffler front to back junction with penetrating oil . The carbon needs softening .

The front half should come off. There is a diffuser with a screen between the halves and the back is held by a third bolt in the back half. While you got it apart might as well drill the holes in the diffuser a tad larger [emoji6].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back