Poulan Pro 295

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK3CAL

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey folks,
Searching for something a bit different than a manual; so if this is the wrong spot please forgive me
I have been working on giving my uncle's old 90s era Poulan Pro 295 new life after the local repair shop said they wouldn't touch it (too old).

I replaced the fuel line, carb, new air filter, and gave her a shine; and am now completely stumped by the trigger mechanism. What I could find online was of no help; theres some good youtube videos but they don't cover this specific set up and I just can't remember how it came apart. I understand the mechanics of what should be happening, tensioning the line, etc but I can't understand how the trigger lock, trigger, and cable fit together. Nothing seems correct.
Does anyone recall these or how to do this style? From looking at the part numbers, it appears this specific set up covered many saws back then including Poulan, Husq, and more. It is parts #3 and #4 HERE (exploded diagram).

Did the assembly need put together first, then attached to the saw and routed through to the carb? Currently I connected it to the carb linkage and am going in reverse, trying to attach it to the saw and in the handle. I hope I can fix this, I really enjoyed this little saw while it was running. Unfortunately the trigger lockout (Part #4 - Poulan 530036098) also broke at the end of that thin little plastic arm and I am trying to source one of these... if I even truly need it.
Thanks in advance for any help folks!

Attachments

• IMG_7885.jpg
    IMG_7885.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 21
Hey folks,
Searching for something a bit different than a manual; so if this is the wrong spot please forgive me
I have been working on giving my uncle's old 90s era Poulan Pro 295 new life after the local repair shop said they wouldn't touch it (too old).

I replaced the fuel line, carb, new air filter, and gave her a shine; and am now completely stumped by the trigger mechanism. What I could find online was of no help; theres some good youtube videos but they don't cover this specific set up and I just can't remember how it came apart. I understand the mechanics of what should be happening, tensioning the line, etc but I can't understand how the trigger lock, trigger, and cable fit together. Nothing seems correct.
Does anyone recall these or how to do this style? From looking at the part numbers, it appears this specific set up covered many saws back then including Poulan, Husq, and more. It is parts #3 and #4 HERE (exploded diagram).

Did the assembly need put together first, then attached to the saw and routed through to the carb? Currently I connected it to the carb linkage and am going in reverse, trying to attach it to the saw and in the handle. I hope I can fix this, I really enjoyed this little saw while it was running. Unfortunately the trigger lockout (Part #4 - Poulan 530036098) also broke at the end of that thin little plastic arm and I am trying to source one of these... if I even truly need it.
Thanks in advance for any help folks!
Check your inbox for a small Clymer service manual.

Check your inbox for a small Clymer service manual.
Thanks Ray. No mention of the throttle cable that I see, disappointing! I gather you don't own this saw yourself, but rather are a keeper of artifacts?
If you do / did, mind if I pick your brain on the trigger assy?

Back