poulan pro 455/655

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waddaya mean I suck, it was there for all the world to see. I am thinking the clutch assy is worth what I paid.

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Is it a 405 or 455? Not that it matters just wondering
I'm not sure if it's a 405 or 455. They are the exact same except for the top end.
I have another question, can I use the lower handle from my 455 parts saw to replace the lower on my 655 as the one on my 655 is broken just behind the antivibe and I tried to repair it but I dont have a tig welder and JB weld didnt hold.
No, they are different. PM me your addy and I'll send you a 655 lower handle.

I'm not sure if it's a 405 or 455. They are the exact same except for the top end.

No, they are different. PM me your addy and I'll send you a 655 lower handle.

I may have to take you up on that kind sir!!, It doesn't have to be pretty, used would be fine!!

Have I ever mentioned how bad these saws suck? I mean, I even stacked the deck against a kart-saw...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V08mUDN1Uvs?list=UUX-gB8qTjKK4qZvQsYYXTjQ&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayum it was windy that day...

The kart-saw has more snot, but the video doesn't tell the story. The Mac required good-cop/bad-cop shoutings, priming, carb settings so I didn't fry an expensive engine, more verbal cajoling, it's heavy, no a/v, insulting its ancestral lineage (I'm half Scottish myself and can do such things), etc. And it is FAST and sounds GREAT!

The 655 just starts and goes...

and I want a BP, a P65, P62, P61, P60...

If you bought it from me the tag says P39. Tom

Yes sir, I did buy it last night and by having a plastic starter housing that (to me) indicates a 405 or 455. I guess it would be possible for someone to put that setup on a Pioneer P-39. Either way it should have great parts for me to utilize. Thanks and ship her soon please.

I've been working 10-12 hour days and I don't have much time to tinker with chainsaws anymore, but I'm still on the hunt for a 655 if somebody has one they would part with. I have a mint P60 with minimal paint loss plus moldy greenbacks I'd trade for a runner.
I've got 2 P39s and a PP405 that I'd part with if somebody needs one. I believe they can be made into runners or they would be great parts saws.
Kevin

A three saw 'set' consisting of a:

1)P-40/455series

2)P-50/525series

3)P-60/655series

is now HIGH on my must-have list. I blame JP (Ambull) for letting me run his 655BP at the NorCal GTG last weekend. I could "settle" for "only" having one saw from the P-60/655 series though (LOL)...:givebeer:

Last edited:

1)P-40/455series,

2)P-50series, and 525

3)P-60/655series

is now HIGH on my must-have list. I blame JP (Ambull) for letting me run his 655BP at the NorCal GTG last weekend. I could "settle" for "only" having one saw from the P-60/655 series though (LOL)...:givebeer:

fixed it.

1)P-40/455series

2)P-50/525series

3)P-60/655series

yep, i blame jp as well for giving me a chance to look one over now i'm looking to spend money that i don't have...

yep, i blame jp as well for giving me a chance to look one over now i'm looking to spend money that i don't have...

I should have had you run it. That'd really get you hooked. Same with that big Homelite 2100S. Should have gotten Bob (father of Robby) running that Homelite too. I was too busy trying to make sure nothing 'happened' to JP's saws.....:msp_wink:

You mean one of these?

028.jpg

They are both good saws.

are they for sale

Back