• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Poulan wild thing 2375 clutch cover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for a good used clutch over for a Poulan 2375
Let me know if you have one to sell .

Thanks
Ernie
Good morning,

I was just given a wild thing that has no compression so I plan to part it out. I'm not positive the model, but I do know it is non. strato.
I will look when I get home.

Thanks,
Bob

Good morning,

I was just given a wild thing that has no compression so I plan to part it out. I'm not positive the model, but I do know it is non. strato.
I will look when I get home.

Thanks,
Bob
You should rebuild it cheap cylinder kits are like 30 bucks.

I have both the older one like you have and the newer on like the OP has. My newer one also has the clutch cover busted up and the tensioner is gone but it still works good just got to get creative tensioning the chain. I would think you could use a old cover but you would lose the chain brake.

You should rebuild it cheap cylinder kits are like 30 bucks.

I have both the older one like you have and the newer on like the OP has. My newer one also has the clutch cover busted up and the tensioner is gone but it still works good just got to get creative tensioning the chain. I would think you could use a old cover but you would lose the chain brake.
The plastic around the tensioner is busted on this one also ...it does tighten but not very well .
I didn't think these would be that hard to find but I've been looking everywhere and can't find a decent priced one and a new one is more then the saw .

Ernie

The plastic around the tensioner is busted on this one also ...it does tighten but not very well .
I didn't think these would be that hard to find but I've been looking everywhere and can't find a decent priced one and a new one is more then the saw .

Ernie
pretty common, someone doesn't have the tensioner in the hole and cranks the clutch cover down which breaks it.

never been a fan of the tensioner in the cover but my last wild thing I payed 5 bucks for so I can't complain.

pretty common, someone doesn't have the tensioner in the hole and cranks the clutch cover down which breaks it.

never been a fan of the tensioner in the cover but my last wild thing I payed 5 bucks for so I can't complain.
Thats exactly what I think happened to this one ...the outside plastic is broke around the tensioner bolt .

Ernie

I probably have a complete saw I would sell you but as parting it out no as then I am left with stuff no one
wants

Yes sir. It is very common. I have even seen a stout magnesium cover busted when some mongo monster didn't have things lined up. I like to never got the bar nuts off. I would not be surprised to find he had used a cheater bar on that ratchet!!!!

I probably have a complete saw I would sell you but as parting it out no as then I am left with stuff no one
wants
I'd rather not buy a whole saw but if it comes down to it I may have to ..I'm gonna hold off for rite now but keep the offer in mind
Thanks Bill

Ernie

I have hundreds of saws that parts have been robbed from and I do not have the heart to dumpster them. I know that sounds odd but that is just me. Really would you be willing to pay $35 plus shipping on a part when you can get the entire saw?

Poulan part experience about your clutch cover.

Poulan 2375 clutch cover or Poulan wild thing clutch cover search.
If you find a correct part number and or look on fleece bay and if you do not see the part click on save this search. If one surfaces later you will get a email notice in your mailbax.

You have to keep a heads up on them Poulan clutch covers, one size does not fit all even using the same part number.
Guy gave me a Poulan chainsaw, type that did have the chain adjuster knob in the cover and the cover was gone.
None of my Poulan salvage saws cover would fit and the same part number from other Poulan was close but no cigar.. Like you I was not going to spend serious money for a Plastic cover. One finally surfaced on fleece bay for around $15 total using the saved search.

Poulan part experience about your clutch cover.

Poulan 2375 clutch cover or Poulan wild thing clutch cover search.
If you find a correct part number and or look on fleece bay and if you do not see the part click on save this search. If one surfaces later you will get a email notice in your mailbax.

You have to keep a heads up on them Poulan clutch covers, one size does not fit all even using the same part number.
Guy gave me a Poulan chainsaw, type that did have the chain adjuster knob in the cover and the cover was gone.
None of my Poulan salvage saws cover would fit and the same part number from other Poulan was close but no cigar.. Like you I was not going to spend serious money for a Plastic cover. One finally surfaced on fleece bay for around $15 total using the saved search.
I appreciate the heads up!

Ernie

I have hundreds of saws that parts have been robbed from and I do not have the heart to dumpster them. I know that sounds odd but that is just me. Really would you be willing to pay $35 plus shipping on a part when you can get the entire saw?
Problem with that is the saw I'm fixing isn't mine and I honestly don't need the rest of the saw that I'll never use sitting in my garage .
If it were my saw I'd take this route .

Ernie

well if you don't care what color it is the poulan wood shark or the husqvarna 141 cover are the same. The husky cover has china knock off's for like 12 bucks shipped.

Back