PowerSharp on the Saw Chain Sharpener

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Procut

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Has anyone used this yet? I do not own any type of chain sharpener. I am a big fan of the good old fashion round file. I am just curious as to if this really works and how long does the edge last before a resharpening. It looks as if it sharpens the chain from the top , I dont know though.

Hi Procut. Type “PowerSharp” into the search function and you can get a bunch of info..

I will soon post more in the form of testing chain to destruction. (Stumping, rooting, with lots of dirt.) If you like filing as I do search “Chainmeister” in case that meets any of your filing needs.

Has anyone used this yet? I do not own any type of chain sharpener. I am a big fan of the good old fashion round file. I am just curious as to if this really works and how long does the edge last before a resharpening. It looks as if it sharpens the chain from the top , I dont know though.

It is a special chain designed to top file. Sears had a similar chainsaw w/ built-in sharpener 30+ years ago; not a milling chain, I suspect

Back