Pratical jokes in the woods.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The same guy who made the track fudge worked at a mill before he started hooking. At the mill he filled up a guy's romeos full of water and put them in the freezer.

Is he still alive? Walking with a limp? Nervous twitch?

A canadian fireline worker I had grounding for me last year told me about a real nasty one. I haven't been game to try it yet, I think I'd have to be ready to go straight to punches.

This trick really only works with guys who have big asses, and is best left for summer. You pick up some of the sugar sachets they give you at coffee shops. Throw 'em in your pocket and keep 'em handy. Keep an eye on your target, and wait for him to bend over to pick something up like his saw. Guys with big fat asses are generally big fat bastards, so they don't bend at the knee to often and they move slow. You should see it coming from a mile away. As he starts to bend over, rip to tops off a couple of your sugar sachets. As his shirt lifts up and exposes his butt crack, pour the sugar down in there.

In the heat with all that sweat... it wont take long at all until that sugar turns into sandy syrup. The stickiness and chafe must be enough to drive any man crazy. Apparently it's not unheard of in canada, all I can say is they must be real patient people. If anyone tried something like that in aus I think it would end with a burial.

Shaun

A canadian fireline worker I had grounding for me last year told me about a real nasty one. I haven't been game to try it yet, I think I'd have to be ready to go straight to punches.

This trick really only works with guys who have big asses, and is best left for summer. You pick up some of the sugar sachets they give you at coffee shops. Throw 'em in your pocket and keep 'em handy. Keep an eye on your target, and wait for him to bend over to pick something up like his saw. Guys with big fat asses are generally big fat bastards, so they don't bend at the knee to often and they move slow. You should see it coming from a mile away. As he starts to bend over, rip to tops off a couple of your sugar sachets. As his shirt lifts up and exposes his butt crack, pour the sugar down in there.

In the heat with all that sweat... it wont take long at all until that sugar turns into sandy syrup. The stickiness and chafe must be enough to drive any man crazy. Apparently it's not unheard of in canada, all I can say is they must be real patient people. If anyone tried something like that in aus I think it would end with a burial.

Shaun

I think saw dust would be worse, imagine a hand full of saw dust in the crack.

I think saw dust would be worse, imagine a hand full of saw dust in the crack.

As a full time climber it's not too hard to imagine that. Climbing all over trees and getting into some weird positions, cutting overhead etc... it doesn't take long before sawdust ends up in every conceivable part of your body. Sawdust in your butt crack isn't pleasant, but I think the sugar would be a whole lot worse.

Shaun

Shaun

Seems to me that a guy caught doing this might find a good one played back. Something like the attractor goo in yellow jacket traps smeared inside the hard hat. My favorite is poison oak rubbed liberally into the hat band of your hard hat. But it's no fun when things escalate to such a level.

We used to remove all the nails off guys corks now and then in the crummy on the way up, or lace them up backwards, cut the little finger off gloves, take the TP out of the bag and replace with cones. Come quitting time we would send up piles of limbs with the turn until they figured out we knew that the time was getting moved some. Or we would save the biggest stick we had fofr last and beat it out of the brush and yell at the yarder what was taking so long. That had to be done just right to make it a pain in the butt and still be safe coming in.

Owl

Once we found a fresh snake skin hanging on a bush, it looked quite realistic, so we put in a mate's sleeping bag just to see how he might react. The joke went wrong in a way. He happily slept with the skin and never complained about it. Finally we had to suggest he should do the honorable thing and engage it.

Had a know-it-all impatient jerk one time that needed a lesson. He parked his pickup truck in such a way that he had to back out, so we put a soccer ball size rock behind each tire. He gets in, throws it in reverse and goes nowhere, so he gives it a little gas and still goes nowhere. Thinking he must have parked in a rut he puts it in drive and pulls forward several feet. Then he engages the 4x4, puts it in reverse and guns it hard. He hit the rocks fast enough to catch some air and then hit the roof with his head. The pickup lurched a little sideways and he landed in a heap in the middle of the bench seat. He uprighted himself and stopped the truck and then sat there with a really funny dazed look on his face for a long time before very slowly and carefully backing up and then slowly driving off. I don't know if he ever saw the rocks in the grass or not.

Mr. HE:cool:

two mechanics up here playing the game a few years a go doing lots of things to each other, second to last was one guy screws a grease nipple to others tool box and leaves the automatic greaser on overnight, big mess in the morning....

A few mondays later the other guy comes in and hands the grease nipple prank guy the keys to a storage locker at LAX airport, if you want your tools back you need to fly down there and go get em..

That sort of thing went on in the shop I worked in. Thank God I was only a spectator. Not in the woods, but in a saw/OPE shop. One guy filled another's road tool box (top opening, with a single tray and no drawers) with water and put it in one of the freezers when the 'victom' had a couple days off . This was a Sears Service Center where appliances were serviced, as well as saws and lawn/garden equipment. The guy was giggling like a schoolgirl as he taped over the holes and seams on the box to make it watertight. Mr jokester got the box out of the freezer, peeled off the tape, and placed it back on the other guy's bench a few minutes before he came in...

Payback came with a grease nipple on the first jokester's roller toolbox. A long pumping session with the air grease gun (while the guy was out on road calls) filled one drawer to the point where it took GREAT time and effort to open it. What a mess...

Counter payback was hanging Mr Greasegun's roller box high up in the rafters of the storage warehouse (using the manlift). He then hid the keys to said manlift. Took the poor guy forever to find the box, and even longer to get the keys. Dangerous.........but I have to admit I laughed quite a bit at the time. The joker in that one had to make sure nobody walked under the box (for obvious reasons) without letting the management types get wind of it.....:D

Last edited:
Coolade powder + dry gloves + rainy day = pink/purple/red/blue hands. Works good on the inside of sweat bands. I was cutting with a friend of mine out of Camas Valley. He had to go back to the pick up for some odd reason. Well the good thing about 3ft ferns, you can hide a saw pretty easy. Took him almost a half hour of ranting and kicking stuff to find it. Find a 30ft tall tree, something pretty bendible, climb it, pull it over and run the top through the gas tank handle of a saw, let it spring back up. Folks get mad when their saw is 25ft off the ground. Take a ziptie, put it around the rear drive line somewhere where the end of it will smack against something. They will hear it and it will drive a person nuts.

Sounds like concussion.

Could be, but I really don't think so. See, a concussion is damage to the brain and so getting one would require having a brain to damage. I, unedumacated as I am in things medical, can safely say that there was no brain to damage in this fellows head. Now, his backside did hit the seat awfully hard...;)

Mr. HE:cool:

a friend of a friend bought a bigfoot costume to sneak up on his partner on the hike out.

Latest posts

Back