praxis stump grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fmueller

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anybody know where to get replacement blades for a Praxis stump grinder?

are they a 4 peice wheel and tooth combo ?? if they are i'm sure they are the same as vermeers little machine

yes check out www.stumpmachine.com and click order now it comes up with vermeers website so its the same machine ..now if your after teeth /blades that arn't factory made and are copys sorry i cant help

Rolla

yeh come on fmueller blades indeed :D anyway pleased your sorted for teeth now mate

Rolla aka [happy to help]:D

Arrgh, they call em blades don't ya know. It's a wheel broken into 4 sections and each section has three carbide tipped cutters. This one I got on e-bay has the cutters (blades, whatever) worn down to nubs where if I were to sharpen them I'd be going into the steel. So thats what I mean. If you look on Praxis website (which takes you to Vermeer) they call em blades. Anyway I finalyy got a number to call so I can get new "blades". Thanks

i wouldn't chuck them old worn down blades away i would sharpen them and use them on good clean stumps worth a try i think ,nothing to loose ;)

iv'e used used teeth that have had more steel showing on em than tungsten and on soft easy stumps they have worked well, anyone else used just steel [worn down but sharpened teeth] on there stumper

Thats good to know. I was wondering if I could find some machine shop that could replace the carbide tips on em? I'll try and check that out too. By the way, I found a dealer in IA that could sell me new blades so I should be in business. Thanks for the input gentlemen!

Back