Pressure/Vac Test

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used Ozhoo's method and it has worked well.
I'm not a fan of replacing the boot with a modified one as I want to check the boot that will be used on the running saw and it's seal to the cylinder for leaks.
A lot of carbs have the same hole spacing and I've used the Stihl Carb block off plate and have made several similar ones to do the job.
I've used an aluminium siding nail to plug an impluse line when needed.
2stroker

I've used Ozhoo's method and it has worked well.
I'm not a fan of replacing the boot with a modified one as I want to check the boot that will be used on the running saw and it's seal to the cylinder for leaks.
A lot of carbs have the same hole spacing and I've used the Stihl Carb block off plate and have made several similar ones to do the job.
I've used an aluminium siding nail to plug an impluse line when needed.
2stroker

I also like doing P&V tests with impulse line and intake boot in place. I got a set of graduated rubber stoppers from The Widget Co. to plug the boot. I use Dow-Corning silicone high vacuum grease (from my organic chemist days - but I guess any thick grease would work) to seal the stopper where it meets the outer (smooth) edge of the boot. I cap off the exhaust port with either a homemade plate and a strip of neoprene or by using the muffler as the block off plate. This way you know the intake boot, impulse line, and seals are good if it passes the test. If possible, I measure P&V through the impulse line, with the spark plug in place.

Latest posts

Back