Price

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blizzard

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey, what is a decent price to have a 50 foot maple removed. it is about 20 inches at the base and already is on the ground. brush would be removed. I am just looking for a general estimate or your best guess. Thanks

Find someone who burns wood and tell them they can have it free. If you want to pay a tree service to remove probably $100 with the price of gas now days it costs $$ to roll a truck.

I would think $100 would be a pretty optimistic price for a tree service to do it even though it is already down. fuel for the truck and chipper would cost that much. I'm betting it would be more like several hundred dollars.

I would charge $250-$350 for that. More if access is bad. But that is for a very nice clean up job. I would lay a tarp next to the tree to catch the saw dust. Then blow and rake the area when I was done.

Scott

I would charge $250-$350 for that. More if access is bad. But that is for a very nice clean up job. I would lay a tarp next to the tree to catch the saw dust. Then blow and rake the area when I was done.

Scott

I agree in fact I have priced several in that range in the last couple of days.

A lot depends on how easy it is to access. The farther you have to drag and carry makes for a longer clean-up.

Scott

I agree with you, a 100 bucks would probably only cover your expenses. I know I wouldnt do it for a 100, especially if you have a homeowner very concious about their yard. You could end up carrying by hand to the street if they dont want anything driven on their lawn.

Scott

That's about right, I'd probably do that job for $150 to $200.

As was stated above, a simple posting on CL will have it gone in no time for free.

Last edited:
If I can back up to it I'll get 150.00 an hr. Won't take a hr to chip, then take the wood. So 150.00 I get the wood.:clap:

any drag the $ goes up!

Wow you guys are expensive, he said it was already bush removed so I figure that means he already limbed it and removed the brush, just cut up a 50 foot tree and remove wood.

Latest posts

Back