Primer bulb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woodeneye

woodeneye

Hardwood Hunter
All of my saws, well with the exception of the homelite, and weed trimmers, my pressure washer, etc. start on the second or once in a while third pull except for when they have been sitting for months. This includes an Earthquake cs4116 (with primer), my well used Husky 55 (don't know the age but it has no primer, only a decompression valve), the Homelite Super XL Automatic takes 4 pulls, two with choke, two without (of course, no primer), an Echo SRM 225 trimmer starts second pull (after three primer pumps-one choke and one run pull), Weedeater Featherlite three primer pumps one choke pull and one run pull, and Honda Blackmax pressure washer doesn't really count, it's four stroke but it starts one pull. I don't know why everything starts so easy, but I don't dump gas and run dry. I run ethanol free fuel and add a dash of Seafoam to everything. An extra dash, maybe an ounce total goes into every full tank of gas before long or winter storage. My Echo started well but ran like crap until I decarbonized the exhaust port after taking the muffler off. I also removed the little screen (a common problem on these trimmers): it was about to be thrown away by my neighbor but after I rebuilt the carb and did this, it runs great. So I guess besides Seafoam (which I swear by) and ethanol free fuel, I do nothing special. Just lucky I guess. I hate pulling an arm off trying to start things so I always tune the carb so I don't have to.