Pro Mac 610

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Reaction score
My Dad has a Pro Mac 610 that he bought when he was in high school around 1977-1978. It cut 3-4 cords of wood to heat the house for about 35 years until around 2012 when they retired the old stove and put in a coal stove (feeds little pieces of coal in like a wood pellet stove).

Anyhow, he was asking if I could source him a carb kit.

From the McCulloch IPB we have at the shop, it lists a Zama C2 carb. I just wanted to make sure that was the only carb offered. I googled it and came up with a few mentions of Walbro HDB carb also used.

I checked the parts sheds, figured I could find a 610, but found a 6-10 which is quite a bit older. Also found a complete Pro Mac 800, seems like it could run, has good compression anyhow.

Sell the PM800 to one of the Mac collectors on here and use the proceeds to buy him a new mid size saw.

Can he send you a pic of the carb? It's pretty easy to distinguish what kit you would need.

I have bunch of those less common earlier Oem Zama, Walbro, and Tillotson kits. (Bought out a small engine shop of them a couple years back).
The HS tillotsons, and WJ Walbros are gone though, as they are common in cutoff saws. The rest of the full line are there though.

Sell the PM800 to one of the Mac collectors on here and use the proceeds to buy him a new mid size saw.

Can he send you a pic of the carb? It's pretty easy to distinguish what kit you would need.

He wants to fix his old saw.

My folks aren't exactly up to speed on "technology". Getting a photo probably isn't going to happen. My Dad doesn't do computers at all, my Mom just a bit.

I found 5 kits in stock here in the shop for the Walbro HDC so I sent my Mom an email with the pics. No Zama kit in stock though.

800 is for sale if anyone would want it. I've found though most of the time it's not worth it after the shipping cost. One thing to spend $50 on an old saw, but just the shipping alone will be that.

Yup shipping adds up fast.

I have a complete 610 but is on the dead shelf cause of a piled up main bearing, basically can't give it away around here.

He wants to fix his old saw.

My folks aren't exactly up to speed on "technology". Getting a photo probably isn't going to happen. My Dad doesn't do computers at all, my Mom just a bit.

I found 5 kits in stock here in the shop for the Walbro HDC so I sent my Mom an email with the pics. No Zama kit in stock though.

800 is for sale if anyone would want it. I've found though most of the time it's not worth it after the shipping cost. One thing to spend $50 on an old saw, but just the shipping alone will be that.
If I wasn't trying to thin the fleet I'd be talking to you. I have three project saws at the moment and am trying to hold off till those are all running.

Latest posts

Back